NFL thread 2015/2016

196px-National_Football_League_2008.svg.png

96TH NFL SEASON
Season start:September 10th 2015.
Playoff start: January 9th 2016.

Super Bowl 50
Date: February 7th 2016
Venue:Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California.

Intra-conference
AFC East vs. AFC South
AFC North vs. AFC West
NFC East vs. NFC South
NFC North vs. NFC West

Inter-conference
AFC East vs. NFC East
AFC West vs. NFC North
AFC North vs. NFC West
AFC South vs. NFC South

Last edited:
Cheers Chance.

List of free agents.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents?pg=1

You'd expect the bulk of the elite players to be re-signed. Guys like Bryant (video reveal pending), D. Thomas, Maclin, Houston, JPP, McCourty, Bulaga, etc.

With the increase in cap ceiling, there should be a mad scramble for those that do hit the market.

The Browns signing McCown for $14m for 3 years, tells you all you need to know about the slim pickings in the QB market.

From the Jets perspective, I'd be happy with an upgrade at corner and outside linebacker. Then use the draft to focus on offense.

This AP situation and him trying to paint himself as some sort of a victim is fucking mental IMO. The vikings didn't whip his child, he did. Okay the vikings probably didn't handle it perfectly but the public image crisis the league was going through influenced the calls that were made.

Free Agency starts next Tuesday. The first day is crazy. Deals flying everywhere.

The time of year when teams like the Raiders and Jags look great throwing around millions of dollars because they have drafted and coached poorly over the past few years.

Franchise tags for

- Gostkowski. A little surprised Mcourty didn't get it. Wouuldn't be happy to lose him in FA. I'm not in a position to question the decision makers at Foxborough but one is a kicker, a pretty automatic one to be fair, and the other is a damn good saftey. Gostkowski's tag is pretty low though. Might free up money for elsewhere

- Demaryius Thomas. Manning happy.

- Dez Bryant [what's on that tape?]

- Justin Houston. Sack machine

- Charles Clay

- Jason Pierre Paul

No tags for

- Suh. My god he's in for some payday. Must be sickening for the Lions to let someone let that go. Maybe if they didn't have so much money tied up in Stafford?

- Randall Cobb. Handy player. Very handy. In for a big contract as well. Like the Pats I wouldn't second guess Ted Thompson

- Julius Thomas. Manning sad.

- Demarco Murray. Jurrah rode him like a grand canyon mule last year. Someone will still fork out the big bucks for him even with those miles on the clock

- Jeremy Maclin. Eagles would still probably want him back on a long term deal

- Jordan Cameron. Prob be glad to get out of Cleveland

The dez Bryant situation with an alleged tape showing him being a langer is strange. The Cowgirls have had security on him for the last few years and only now when he's looking for a big contract that the alleged crap is being reported. I wouldn't put it past Jerry to be behind the release of all this info.

Shady McCoy has been traded to the bills for LB kiko alonso. Jesus the Eagles are starting early.

Nice move for the Eagles, if it materializes. Offload a 27-year old running back on a hefty contract for a young linebacker with tons of upside.

Not so sure it is a great move for Rex and the Bills. Not saying McCoy isn't a talented player, but this year's draft is supposed to be one of the better RB classes in recent years. Maybe he didn't like Alonso as a fit in his defense. Expect Rex to make a move for David Harris now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼