New Metallica Album

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are brilliant. It went steadily down hill after, with the odd good track popping up here and there imo. St Anger was truly atrocious.

Laughable. To many Metallica fans "And Justice for All" is considered their best. "Kill Em All" is a great album as is the black album. As has already been said, "Load" & "Re-Load" arevery open to debate.

I would agree with you on St.Anger though.

Laughable. To many Metallica fans "And Justice for All" is considered their best. "Kill Em All" is a great album as is the black album. As has already been said, "Load" & "Re-Load" arevery open to debate.

I would agree with you on St.Anger though.

And Justice for All has a couple of good songs. And the production is awful. Kill 'em All is a good debut. Most people I know rate the 2 albums i mentioned as their best. Black Album has shitloads of filler on it imo.

I gave up on Lars bashing after seeing Some Kind Of Monster, when I realised that Hetfield was as big a, if not a bigger, tool.

And Justice for All has a couple of good songs. And the production is awful. Kill 'em All is a good debut. Most people I know rate the 2 albums i mentioned as their best. Black Album has shitloads of filler on it imo.QUOTE]

Fekin hell, I dont think there is a bad song on either album.
The production on Justice is poor but it does give the album a certain raw and angry feel that suits the songs in many ways.
As for there being lots of filler on Black I need some examples!
I think it is as close to a perfect all time classic album as any band can get.

And Justice for All has a couple of good songs. And the production is awful. Kill 'em All is a good debut. Most people I know rate the 2 albums i mentioned as their best. Black Album has shitloads of filler on it imo.

I gave up on Lars bashing after seeing Some Kind Of Monster, when I realised that Hetfield was as big a, if not a bigger, tool.

I`ll disagree with you on the musical front but I agree with you on Hetfield too, to be honest, I was surprised he was happy to let the world see this side to him after watching it.

And Justice for All has a couple of good songs. And the production is awful. Kill 'em All is a good debut. Most people I know rate the 2 albums i mentioned as their best. Black Album has shitloads of filler on it imo.QUOTE]

Fekin hell, I dont think there is a bad song on either album.
The production on Justice is poor but it does give the album a certain raw and angry feel that suits the songs in many ways.
As for there being lots of filler on Black I need some examples!
I think it is as close to a perfect all time classic album as any band can get.

The rawness of Justice is what makes it a great album IMO, add to that crunching riffs from the likes of Blackened, Harvestor of Sorrow and Frayed Ends of Sanity, you cant go wrong! Master of Puppets has always been my favourite however.

The only songs I would consider to be possible fillers on the Black album would be The Struggle Within and Through The Never, and to be honest, having said that both of these songs have excellent bits in them too. My Friend of Misery still remains one of my favourite Metallica songs to boot.

The rawness of Justice is what makes it a great album IMO, add to that crunching riffs from the likes of Blackened, Harvestor of Sorrow and Frayed Ends of Sanity, you cant go wrong! Master of Puppets has always been my favourite however.

The only songs I would consider to be possible fillers on the Black album would be The Struggle Within and Through The Never, and to be honest, having said that both of these songs have excellent bits in them too. My Friend of Misery still remains one of my favourite Metallica songs to boot.

Agreed on the rwsness of Justice.
The intro and guitar solo in "The struggle within" are superb.
The mid section in "though the never" rocks!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼