My Lawnmower Is Dead

Ride ons are a waste of space and time.

A false economy of the obese and unfit.

How would they be a waste of time exactly? Don't they save time?

What about push lawnmowers? Aren't they for the obese and unfit considering the alternative would be to use pair of clippers? Think of the workout you could get clipping your 1/4 acre of grass.

You cannot possibly go wrong with a Honda (with mulching option), by far the most reliable, found it still cheaper to import one from the UK (Norwich as it happens) than buy one anywhere in Ireland, at all costs avoid anything with a Briggs and Stratton engine, grand to begin with then downhill all the way endless problems.

Briggs Engines used to be bullet proof but a mechanic told me recently they outsourced their production from Milkwaukee to China in 2012 and since then the quality has been shit.

Briggs Engines used to be bullet proof but a mechanic told me recently they outsourced their production from Milkwaukee to China in 2012 and since then the quality has been shit.

There may be some truth in that, Briggs and Stratton were never 'bullet proof' imo, they were a hit and miss long before 2012. B&S never came remotely close to the reliability and durability of an equivalent Honda engine.

Bugger all wrong with a ride on mower if the area justifies it, had a Kubota once, bloody good machine and one of the few ways to get my stroppy lad (at that time) to mow the bloody lawn! Mind you I still need a propelled mower, to hell with pushing,the mulcher attachment turned out to be an excellent addition.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Public Service Broadcasting
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Oct 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼