Must.... Own....property....

Wonder how different the crash will be this time without the preceding construction boom/bubble.
Hopefully we won't have another mass exodus of the trades again as we're still massively under supplied in housing stock.

I still maintain a huge push for decentralisation would have the greatest effect on a lot of our problems. Dumplin is choking while Cork & Limerick are seriously under utilized. And that's before we start the conversation of why does everything have to be in the cities?

There you have it in a nutshell.

The planning regulatory body want to avoid urban sprawl. Their 'solution' to this is to insist on densities in big towns that don't stack up financially.

Its nuts.

Wonder how different the crash will be this time without the preceding construction boom/bubble.
Hopefully we won't have another mass exodus of the trades again as we're still massively under supplied in housing stock.

I still maintain a huge push for decentralisation would have the greatest effect on a lot of our problems. Dumplin is choking while Cork & Limerick are seriously under utilized. And that's before we start the conversation of why does everything have to be in the cities?
Efficiencies.

It costs the State a fortune to bring services like roads, infrastructure like waste water, drinking water, transport, health services, schools etc to rural areas as well as the climate footprint with everyone dependent on petrol and diesel cars.

Rural alliance etc on the radio yesterday bemoaning the cost of living rises especially transport for rural dwellers.

Dublin is destroyed by having everything shoved into it as the demand for everything leads to increased costs and a poor quality of life.

Dublin has all the hassles of a big city but with very few advantages of a big city.

Now a lot of people with good jobs can afford to move back into rural areas and not be stuck in the commuting to the city daily nightmare and hopefully re-generate small towns and villages and generate actual communities.
1655473041346.png

You'd be looking at upwards of 300k to get that up to spec would you?

Not being smart but it depends on what you want to do. I presume anyone paying that kind of money isnt going to scrimp.

You could get away with internal insulation and doing the attic, updating the glass.

I dont think people really want the early 80s living room anymore.

For that money you'd be better off buying a site and building from scratch imo. Youd end up with a nicer house for a lot less.

That's just me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼