Moving to Dublin.. Good or Bad Idea??

leave the usual proud Corkonian Shite out.. (i am proud and gonna teach em!)

better job.. worth it??

Discuss.. Ive already made my mind up but just for kicks I'd like to see ye thrash it out!:D

leave the usual proud Corkonian Shite out.. (i am proud and gonna teach em!)

better job.. worth it??

Discuss.. Ive already made my mind up but just for kicks I'd like to see ye thrash it out!:D

How long a commute would it be if you took the job and stayed in Cork?

Where's the job? And where do you plan on living?

A lot depends on both of the above tbh.

If you're living in the right place its brilliant up here. Living out in fucking Blanchardstown or some other hole of a place is shite.

Remember that the higher cost of living will eat into some of the financial gain.

TBH I reckon once you've made the decision to leave, you may as well go abroad. It's not like you'll be back from Dublin to Castletownbere every weekend. Cork is a tough enough trek.

I lived there for a year and became very fond of it. Mind you it took a year to settle in and make friends etc. Plus there are more cultural things to do if your'e into that, museums, art galleries

Remember that the higher cost of living will eat into some of the financial gain.

TBH I reckon once you've made the decision to leave, you may as well go abroad. It's not like you'll be back from Dublin to Castletownbere every weekend. Cork is a tough enough trek.

The cost of things in Dublin has come down an awful lot. It's no more expensive than Cork tbh.

It's a dump. The guidebooks and ibal are right: between civil servants and spongers, nearly half a million wankers living on borrowed money that the rest of us will have to pay back! Have a nice life.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:30pm

More events ▼