Minor Hurling 2022

LITB1997

Thank you for informing us of the matches on 26th. I'm not familiar with too many U-14 players of Cork potential since Co-Vid but from U-15 upwards I can see where you're coming from on the talent coming through. However any underage regional teams progressing to make up a Cork minor team will be some side to compare with last year's Cork AI winning minor team. One negative feedback is regional players selected on the basis of what club they come from, I was informed of one particular case last year whereby a player was devastated for being dropped from a regional U-15 team and apparently not invited back at U-16 level this year. The consensus was that he was good enough for the team not to mind the panel. Also there's one player I know (not from my own Club) who is on the Cork U-16 team and I can't understand why he's not made the Cork minor squad at this stage, hopefully he'll make the Cork minor team in 2023.

You can see the aggressive nature of all the outfield players. As they say, your forward line is the first line of defence. Really great to see some of these young lads. Their dedication and application is admirable.
It was the physicality and aggression from both sides that struck me. Both were really high standard and the refereeing was brilliant. Hopefully Midleton, Colmans, or Christians can reach those levels and win an AI next year. 20 years since the last Cork AI win

LITB1997

Thank you for informing us of the matches on 26th. I'm not familiar with too many U-14 players of Cork potential since Co-Vid but from U-15 upwards I can see where you're coming from on the talent coming through. However any underage regional teams progressing to make up a Cork minor team will be some side to compare with last year's Cork AI winning minor team. One negative feedback is regional players selected on the basis of what club they come from, I was informed of one particular case last year whereby a player was devastated for being dropped from a regional U-15 team and apparently not invited back at U-16 level this year. The consensus was that he was good enough for the team not to mind the panel. Also there's one player I know (not from my own Club) who is on the Cork U-16 team and I can't understand why he's not made the Cork minor squad at this stage, hopefully he'll make the Cork minor team in 2023.
I heard the Cork minors were playing v Dublin today. Any idea how they got on?

12.30 I think. not sure if it's behind closed doors or is it open. Just heard through a parent.

They've had their game vs Limerick in the Munster MHC changed to PuiC. Wonder why the change?

Have watched the Cork Rebel Og Regional development hurling Squads at u14 and u15 over last 6 months or so. Some great young lads coming through in all positions from all around the county. There have been two cuts to the squads and now they are in serious training. Some games due to be played on 26 March at CIT. Certainly worth going up to see the feeder teams for the minor team playing. The system does appear to be producing a continuous feeder of good players and coming through the clubs.
Anyone get a chance to attend any of these matches over the weekend?

LITB1997

Is it not the clubs who nominate players to go forward for trials at all these age groups? I find it hard to think that mentors are picking players based off the players club in this day and age. Unless they are all daddies involved

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼