Minor Hurling 2022

Still eligible for next year too!! Along with Dooley and Barry from that Douglas team

Is Hallahan # 12 who played FF?Big lad. Caught every ball sent in and took some good scores and passed at the right times.

I thought Hartnett was good. He's very similar to his brother Niall but probably a but quicker. He's very effective.

Dooley and Barry both very good.

Douglas were an impressive unit. A great style of play. They were clearly extremely well coached and organised. They did the basics of defending extremely well. This was from the FF line back and their work rate was exceptional.

I think Midleton just ran into a very good team that played out of their skins on the night. Sometimes a final just runs away from adult teams...let alone juveniles. They'll have better days for sure.

Thanks for the updates on the match lads. Was going to head out but luckily for me one of the kids had an U11 camogie match 😀.

I’m shocked you don’t know their names Corky 😀
No need to be shocked 'cause I know their names and I believe Pooman does too! However when one mentions names of underage players on here a poster is accused of labelling players, differentiating between them negatively and being disrespectful towards juveniles because they are only 'kids'. I never consider minor players to be kids, I believe them to be young men and I treat them accordingly.

Last night was further verification on how Paudie Murray and his crew got it wrong regarding Cork minors and enough posters who saw last night's game indirectly point this out on here. I pointed the poor team selection going back earlier this year but received posts from yourself, Cork93 and TheOTT stating I was disrespectful towards juveniles which is unfounded and simply not true.

Paudie Murray gave an interview where he referred to Cathal Hallahan's injury as been a setback to the squad which I believe was an excuse because Cathal was always going to be next years Cork minor and not this years, he was an extended panel member and at best would have been a sub in 2022. I saw him play a lot recently but last night was the first time I saw him playing full-forward, it appears to be his best position but as he fills out he may be suited to wing-forward. I expect to see him alternate between 12 and 14 with Cork minors in 2023.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼