minor hurlers 2016

I heard denis ring and Fergus ryan were interviewed for the minor mangers job this week. Diarmuid o Sullivan was scheduled to be interviewed but had to reschedule for work reasons

Denis Ring in attendance at u/16 Co Finals today so that would seem to confirm his interest again

I think he did a lot right the two years involved, progress ws made, was unlucky with way things panned out especially this year

end of the day he still won nothing and did ship some criticism for choices made but I wouldnt object to giving him another term

Diarmuid was also in attendance yesterday

He is the Cork Under 16 manager so it makes sense that he would at least interview for the job when he wants it

Diarmuid was also in attendance yesterday

He is the Cork Under 16 manager so it makes sense that he would at least interview for the job when he wants it

Saw the Prem 1 U16 final on Sat - some very good players on view there. Piarsaigh had 4 of current Cork U16 setup ( Sheehan, Hannafin, Morrissey, Healy ) and Glen had 3 ( Downey, Corkery, O' Neill ). There were another 5 or 6 on the field that could easily make it into that squad also. Consistency is often a huge issue with young lads but talent at this age group in Cork is huge. Semi-final between Douglas and Piarsaigh went to extra time the previous week and was a much higher standard game than the final on Sat so Douglas have a few exceptional players also.

Whoever gets the 2016 Cork minor job will have a major pool of talent to work with and I could easily see up to 10 minors in 2016 also being there in 2017 which tells me we have the potential to finally make a minor breakthrough in one of these years - but hopefully both.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Ring got another shot at it to be honest - his preparation of the minor teams these past 2 years has been very good and they were very, very close to the level required. Perhaps the way to do it is have Ring as manager and bring Sully in as coach with a view to him taking the reins in 2017 or 2018.

Hopefully the talent will finally come through next year. We really need our young hurlers battling with the best in Croker come August/September.
Some incredible talent on show yesterday. Kilkenny no 6 and 8 would get onto the Cork senior team, never mind the minors or u21s.

Hopefully the talent will finally come through next year. We really need our young hurlers battling with the best in Croker come August/September.
Some incredible talent on show yesterday. Kilkenny no 6 and 8 would get onto the Cork senior team, never mind the minors or u21s.
It was next years minors who were at u14 level when all this development squad camps started when they changed the whole set up of the development squads so we will finally see will it reward us with new talent who are up to the level but as we all know there is just as much talent outside the lads who have been in these development squads im looking forward to seeing how they do

Saw the Prem 1 U16 final on Sat - some very good players on view there. Piarsaigh had 4 of current Cork U16 setup ( Sheehan, Hannafin, Morrissey, Healy ) and Glen had 3 ( Downey, Corkery, O' Neill ). There were another 5 or 6 on the field that could easily make it into that squad also. Consistency is often a huge issue with young lads but talent at this age group in Cork is huge. Semi-final between Douglas and Piarsaigh went to extra time the previous week and was a much higher standard game than the final on Sat so Douglas have a few exceptional players also.

Whoever gets the 2016 Cork minor job will have a major pool of talent to work with and I could easily see up to 10 minors in 2016 also being there in 2017 which tells me we have the potential to finally make a minor breakthrough in one of these years - but hopefully both.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Ring got another shot at it to be honest - his preparation of the minor teams these past 2 years has been very good and they were very, very close to the level required. Perhaps the way to do it is have Ring as manager and bring Sully in as coach with a view to him taking the reins in 2017 or 2018.

i'm biased but i do believe Johnny Dwyer is an excellent coach and should remain on
Diarmuid as a selector and under 17 manager could be a good way to go

some excellent players in Premier 2 final as well on Saturday. Pity game wasn't a draw from a neutral perspective

Def has the makings of a good Minor panel next year

Those critical of Sully need to balance the desire to have former players involved . Sully is making progress in a learning curve with this years 16's . Whilst they are a good bunch , he is still learning the ropes with them .

Dwyer and Ring would be my preference for 2016 with yes , Sully as selector. I think we should not expect huge things in 2016 . Next years minors have not performed well down the years , and maybe a two - year plan with up to 10 players in first year minor in 2016 could be involved .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

26th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼