Miah Dennehy rip

🤔
Ban was abolished in 1970 or 71. As a kid I supported Cork Hibs and used to go to The Lodge every home game with my dad. Wiggie RIP was my hero but Miah RIP played cracking stuff too. Met him a few times in the 1980s as a young adult and he came across as a pleasant, genuine man.

Ban was lifted n 1971 , I worked with guys who would be in 70s now who told me about trying to disguise themselves as would also have been Gaa men . Bit like myself I follow all sports .

I played football hurling and soccer up
to 20 yrs ago and we used to be told then to not play a soccer match within 2 weeks of a championship game and was even guys then that wouldn’t have much time for guys who did play .

I’d even go as far saying there are guys today who would still be against it but thankfully majority of people are far more open minded.

🤔
Ban was abolished in 1970 or 71. As a kid I supported Cork Hibs and used to go to The Lodge every home game with my dad. Wiggie RIP was my hero but Miah RIP played cracking stuff too. Met him a few times in the 1980s as a young adult and he came across as a pleasant, genuine man.
Talking to my mum earlier today, I never realised she knew Miah well. She played on the Cork Hibs women’s team and he managed them apparently

:unsure:

I remember Miah vaguely as a player and being a Cork hero scoring a hat-trick from play in an FAI Cup Final - first and I think still the only one to do that.

Miah was a character. I remember meeting him in town and a couple of stories about him and suffice it to say he was indeed a good guy, and a Cork Legend.

May you Rest In Peace Miah

I remember Miah vaguely as a player and being a Cork hero scoring a hat-trick from play in an FAI Cup Final - first and I think still the only one to do that.

Miah was a character. I remember meeting him in town and a couple of stories about him and suffice it to say he was indeed a good guy, and a Cork Legend.

ðŸ‘
Played indoor soccer with him a couple of times in the 1980s. Very pleasant guy who'd always try and bring the weakest players like myself into the game.
A really sound guy. RIP.

John ryan Bray wanderers scored a hat trick in a final .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

17th Aug 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Pontious Pilate & The Naildrivers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼