Miah Dennehy rip

I see what you're saying Lee, but let's be honest, the name wouldn't mean a whole lot to most of the posers here. I only barely remember his playing days meself! The brother knew Miah and had good time for him.

I see what you're saying Lee, but let's be honest, the name wouldn't mean a whole lot to most of the posers here. I only barely remember his playing days meself! The brother knew Miah and had good time for him.
Yeah, he's in my old fellas and my friends dad's age group. Heard a few stories about him over the years from said people.

RIP

😕
Disappointing number of posts here considering the great days that Miah gave football in Cork!

I presume a lot of of members wouldn’t be old enough to remember Miah , I’m mid 50s and never saw him play live but would have known about his exploits. I think guys in 60s and 70s would remember him as there used to be huge crowds following soccer in those days even though there was a ban in place and I remember guys telling stories of going to games with hats on trying to be not known . Imagine having to do that ffs .🤦‍♂️

🤔
I take your point Car but a lot of posters here wouldn't have seen JBM and I doubt if anyone here saw Christy Ring play but still they are "worshipped" here.

I presume a lot of of members wouldn’t be old enough to remember Miah , I’m mid 50s and never saw him play live but would have known about his exploits. I think guys in 60s and 70s would remember him as there used to be huge crowds following soccer in those days even though there was a ban in place and I remember guys telling stories of going to games with hats on trying to be not known . Imagine having to do that ffs .🤦‍♂️
🤔
Ban was abolished in 1970 or 71. As a kid I supported Cork Hibs and used to go to The Lodge every home game with my dad. Wiggie RIP was my hero but Miah RIP played cracking stuff too. Met him a few times in the 1980s as a young adult and he came across as a pleasant, genuine man.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼