Memorable hurling matches

My most memorable one was the drawn 2014 All Ireland Final between Kilkenny and Tipp. It has everything. Hawkeye decided it at the end. Something like only 3 wides in the whole game.

I remember being on such a high for days after it. An absolute privilege to be there to see it.
Great shout. While I wasn’t there in person I reckon it was the greatest hurling game I’ve ever seen.

For in person games, the Munster semi final against Clare in 2003 was some atmosphere. Cork fans were absolutely rabid that day. First game back after the strike and were given an outside shot. Worst was the 2018 U21 hurling final. My god, what a loss. Then it took me about an hour and a half to get out of the shopping centre car park.

For in person games, the Munster semi final against Clare in 2003 was some atmosphere. Cork fans were absolutely rabid that day. First game back after the strike and were given an outside shot.
My first ever Munster Championship match. I’ll never forget the rocket of a goal Joe Deane got and the Cork crowd singing De Banks in the last 5 minutes. 2003 was a brilliant summer for Cork until Kilkenny put a halt to it.
Worst was the 2018 U21 hurling final. My god, what a loss. Then it took me about an hour and a half to get out of the shopping centre car park.
The very same. I was sickened. That loss was as bad as the 2013 Senior one for me.

A good win in 2003 and we were all in Roscommon the day before to see Larrys last stand against the Primrose lads. Some fella jumped the fence to take Larry on .

Was only reminiscing the other day about a double header in the first round of the hurling championship back in ‘04, Cloyne-Glen and Killeagh-Blackrock, down in Midleton, was soaking it in with a bag of chips and no skin in the game, don’t get too many days like that anymore.

20 years tomorrow those games were held.
3/4 clubs aren’t even senior anymore!

My first ever Munster Championship match. I’ll never forget the rocket of a goal Joe Deane got and the Cork crowd singing De Banks in the last 5 minutes. 2003 was a brilliant summer for Cork until Kilkenny put a halt to it.

The very same. I was sickened. That loss was as bad as the 2013 Senior one for me.
He hit it so hard it hit the stanchion of the crossbar and came back out 10-15 yards. The umpires didn’t dare disallow it :p

My first Cork game was Munster final ‘92 against Limerick. Watching from atop a small stool on the Blackrock end I’ll never forget watching Muller hand passing the ball to himself before kicking it to the net. What a day.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Janine Harouni and Aideen McQueen and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Coughlan's, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼