Mechanic Recommendations - Jap Imports

Can anybody suggest a good mechanic from experience that knows what their looking at when dealing with Jap imports. My usual mechanic is fine but I dont know if maybe somebody else would know what kind of things to look out for can look after my MR2 a bit better. Timing Belt is due shortly etc etc.
Thanks

Can anybody suggest a good mechanic from experience that knows what their looking at when dealing with Jap imports. My usual mechanic is fine but I dont know if maybe somebody else would know what kind of things to look out for can look after my MR2 a bit better. Timing Belt is due shortly etc etc.
Thanks

Any mechanic should be able to do it for you - but you should get the parts yourself - jap imports MR2 timing parts you'll be able to get in any motorfactors - hand them to him and you'll be sorted. only thing to watch out for is if your engine needs fully-synth oil - a garage or mechanics will always put in the cheap shit so best to do that for yourself

Cheers,
Have the name of the guy to get the Timing parts from, he suggested that "gates" were the best on the market so ill go for that. It has been getting GTX Magnatec oil for past 4 years or so should be ok on that front. Thanks again

Cheers,
Have the name of the guy to get the Timing parts from, he suggested that "gates" were the best on the market so ill go for that. It has been getting GTX Magnatec oil for past 4 years or so should be ok on that front. Thanks again

what is your engine code on your mr2 - it might have a 3sge engine like my SS3 celica (top end differs though mine being a beams) if so i use c-one belts

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼