lying on the census form

anybody done it? I saw in a thread people talking about the religion question, it was proposed to me that I fill in my religion as Jedi - illegal?

An Official Religion - Census Issues.

Make sure you answer the religion question correctly. The NZ Census bureau believe that the Jedi answer means "Response outside of scope" or "Answer understood, but will not be counted", whereas "satanism", "wican", "yoga" etc are valid answers. The sheer number of people who entered "Jedi" was a significant in the last census, approximately 20000 in NZ alone (indicative result given confidentially). I note there were more Jedi's than Assembly of God, or Jehovah's Witnesses.

In order for the Jedi church to grow, we need access to these statistics just like any other church/order. In the UK the number of people who answered Jedi, were greater than many other common Christian denominations. In fact, in the UK, 2% of people in Brighton are of the Jedi Faith.

It is not against the law to answer Jedi, you are welcome to have any faith you wish. It is the governments responsibility to accept our faith and accurately record the statistics.

Illegal or not, it's just plain stupid - Jedi is not a religion. The historical Jedi are described as an order, but not a religious one. There's a six part documentary about the whole thing that couldn't be any clearer.

Illegal or not, it's just plain stupid - Jedi is not a religion. The historical Jedi are described as an order, but not a religious one. There's a six part documentary about the whole thing that couldn't be any clearer.

How is it stupid? Because they believe in an 'Force' instead of some omni potent being?

If I believe that there is a tea pot floating around Saturn and wish to worship that, is that stupid? I could easily take the opinion that you are being offensive to my belief.

After all Religion is only a belief nothing else...

It is my choice which or what I want to have my belief in and if That by Jedi or The Tea Pot floating around Saturn then that is my choice. For anyone to find against that is offensive...

Oh and illegal under the European Court of Human Rights...

A 25 grand fine if they find out your lying. How they can prove your religion isn't jedi though I don't know.

Maybe they'll set you a test, like an obstacle course. I'd pay good money to see a jedi obstacle course.

How is it stupid?

As I explained, it's stupid because Jedi is not a religion. Watch the documentary; it's all quite clear. It's like writing your shoe size when they ask for your age.

I don't object to people believing in the Force at all. That would be like objecting to people believing in physics.

If I believe that there is a tea pot floating around Saturn and wish to worship that, is that stupid?

Not stupid, but a little silly...sure, a teapot around any of the outer planets wouldn't keep your tea hot for very long.

As I explained, it's stupid because Jedi is not a religion. Watch the documentary; it's all quite clear. It's like writing your shoe size when they ask for your age.

I don't object to people believing in the Force at all. That would be like objecting to people believing in physics.

Not stupid, but a little silly...sure, a teapot around any of the outer planets wouldn't keep your tea hot for very long.
You're right, of course it's stupid. Then again so is the idea of the magic dude who lives in the sky and his daily quest to keep us from the temptation of his arch rival who lives below us. After all this magic dude is the creator of all and more powerful than anything or anyone so why doesn't he just pwn the shit out of his enemy?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼