Lord Of The Rings vs. Game Of Thrones

There can be only one

• Total voters
It's LOTR Mick. The seminal work of the genre. They guy made up an actual language, as well as inventing a much richer history of the world. The history of GOT is essentially English history with the names changed. Replace the Normans with the Targaryens and that's it.

The Normans had dragons!
no wonder they kicked ass.

Ive tried to read LOTR loads of times but only had to try once with Game of Thrones. The next two were great too but i'm struggling through the last two. I have a feeling he's phoning them in in places and getting far too self indulgent in others.

The television GOT - for casting - is absolutely spot on with a huge number of their characters being exactly how I'd seen them in my head (although I'd have gone for a slightly prettier, less beat down Catherine).

The Normans had dragons!
no wonder they kicked ass.

Ive tried to read LOTR loads of times but only had to try once with Game of Thrones. The next two were great too but i'm struggling through the last two. I have a feeling he's phoning them in in places and getting far too self indulgent in others.

The television GOT - for casting - is absolutely spot on with a huge number of their characters being exactly how I'd seen them in my head (although I'd have gone for a slightly prettier, less beat down Catherine).

Catelyn.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼