Lee Fields

I was going to start a thread on this myself. I walk there with the wife everyday and the place is in a complete mess.

Going back a year or two you would see groups a guys/gals playing tag rugby/frisby and other games. Then some bright spark planted new trees that were not needed. It was nearly out of spite. Now the area has been completely neglected. You literally cannot see the river on parts of your walk. Overgrown weeds-grass-trees. Bins full and not emptied at the weekend. This is the entrance to our City. Lazy feckers.

Bins full shouldn't people bring home their own rubbish. Maybe the grass not being cut is because one or two reasons (A) Too soft after all the winter rain (B) Ground nesting birds raising young chicks

Bins full shouldn't people bring home their own rubbish. Maybe the grass not being cut is because one or two reasons (A) Too soft after all the winter rain (B) Ground nesting birds raising young chicks

Ah stop.

Look at the work the County Council do in Ballincollig and the Regional Park. A credit to them.

This is a City Council issue and those excuses don't make sense.

How about all of you that are complaining about it get together and cut it yourselves. People nowadays must always complain and must find someone to blame.

We pay for people to do it already in our property tax,also health/safety would not allow people do it without proper insurance or equipment.A person has a right to complain if they pay for services that are not provided for them.Also its a beautiful spot to walk and its just typical of city hall and the people that are paid to provide this work.

I believe it is still currently too soft to hold the grass cutting equipment.

Im sure they could cut it back a bit if they wanted.Most of the green areas and roundabout areas(that have grass)have been neglected these past few years because of cutbacks.The fellas that come around our way in recent times have been private firms that have been subcontract by the corporation.

The weeds and trees near the road(both sides) have not been touched. The floods would have no bearing on keeping them in order.

The branches on the trees heading out the end of the straight road have become overgrown and dangerous to traffic.

I have no doubt there are some areas of the Lee fields that are still soft but they could make an effort elsewhere. The City Council should be put in a bin itself.

The weeds and trees near the road(both sides) have not been touched. The floods would have no bearing on keeping them in order.

The branches on the trees heading out the end of the straight road have become overgrown and dangerous to traffic.

I have no doubt there are some areas of the Lee fields that are still soft but they could make an effort elsewhere. The City Council should be put in a bin itself.

Well said Sir

Could be about letting the growth come back to reduce the level compaction on the ground using plant roots. Know that's done with trees in many places to enable the land to absorb more water in future floods.

Ah stop.

Look at the work the County Council do in Ballincollig and the Regional Park. A credit to them.

It is an incredible amenity to be fair and the ongoing work/developments there are fantastic - I never realised (or maybe just took for granted!) how much until I moved back that way this year.

It is an incredible amenity to be fair and the ongoing work/developments there are fantastic - I never realised (or maybe just took for granted!) how much until I moved back that way this year.

I'd reckon a fair few people know nothing about the park. And for some that know of it, they have no idea of the changes made.

It's a great spot.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers’ Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼