Lee Fields

I pass this most evenings on the way home from work, is it Cork City Council is in charge of maintaining this. Totally overgrown currently. In the current weather it looks a mess. Is it that costly to keep the grass down on it?
Jokeshop

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being flooded for so long, as it is usually very well kept?

There does seem to be some work on the trees going on there at the moment.

I pass this most evenings on the way home from work, is it Cork City Council is in charge of maintaining this. Totally overgrown currently. In the current weather it looks a mess. Is it that costly to keep the grass down on it?
Jokeshop

I was going to start a thread on this myself. I walk there with the wife everyday and the place is in a complete mess.

Going back a year or two you would see groups a guys/gals playing tag rugby/frisby and other games. Then some bright spark planted new trees that were not needed. It was nearly out of spite. Now the area has been completely neglected. You literally cannot see the river on parts of your walk. Overgrown weeds-grass-trees. Bins full and not emptied at the weekend. This is the entrance to our City. Lazy feckers.

Jokeshop

Cork County Council are in charge of the Lee Fields.

They can probably see it from their offices in the County Hall, but not from the canteen on the ground floor where they spend an awful lot of their time.

Cork County Council are in charge of the Lee Fields.

They can probably see it from their offices in the County Hall, but not from the canteen on the ground floor where they spend an awful lot of their time.

From Cork City Council website:

The Lee Fields
The 83 acre site at the Lee Fields of the 1932 Irish Industrial and Agricultural Exhibition was given to the corporation in 1933 by an anonymous donor. The Corporation cleared and leveled the site and made of it a large recreational area. An open air swimming pool was constructed in 1934. This is now the site of a hotel.

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/recreationsport/parks/

By a strange quirk of geography, Cork County Hall is actually inside the city boundary as well.

So the Lee Fields are owned by Cork City Council, even though they extend beyond the city boundary.

It makes more sense if the City Council own the land. The County Council would have the place in shape you would imagine. The other crowd are absolutely useless in every aspect of their work.

From Cork City Council website:

The Lee Fields
The 83 acre site at the Lee Fields of the 1932 Irish Industrial and Agricultural Exhibition was given to the corporation in 1933 by an anonymous donor. The Corporation cleared and leveled the site and made of it a large recreational area. An open air swimming pool was constructed in 1934. This is now the site of a hotel.

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/recreationsport/parks/

By a strange quirk of geography, Cork County Hall is actually inside the city boundary as well.

So the Lee Fields are owned by Cork City Council, even though they extend beyond the city boundary.

Strange.

I wonder do they know themselves

How about all of you that are complaining about it get together and cut it yourselves. People nowadays must always complain and must find someone to blame.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

16th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼