Landlord demands

I remember when all you need to secure a flat was to be early, confirm cash no hand for deposit and a steady income.

I'm current moving flats, and no only do I have to give my age and full occupation, but also my gross salary, and we have to make a price offer!

We're not buying the damned place.

Jesus.

Is this a new thing? I haven't come across such questioning before.

the market has changed proc's d'oriel.

are you going through an agent? then look forward to hundreds of pounds in agency fees. they will try anything to get more out of you - be very careful with the inventory agreement.

also, you could give 'arnold' a call to see if he has anything?

Dead money.

Consider yourself lucky you don't have a dog.

You'd be homeless by now.

Age/wage/occupation/references are all standard. They want to ensure they are not renting out their bedsit to a doley.

Always, always, always take photos of the whole house/flat/furniture the day you move in. Especially any damage, slight or otherwise.

Saves a lot of grief later when you try to get your deposit back.

Age/wage/occupation/references are all standard. They want to ensure they are not renting out their bedsit to a doley.

Age, general occupation and references are standard.

This is for an apartment in the same building that I currently live in - this landlord wants my exact job title, unit, department etc. (and that of every applicant), and this is the first time in 9 years of London renting that I've been asked for my salary just to make a request to be considered.

We're in with at least 8 others who have 'made an offer' to be considered by the landlord.
Definitely the first time I've ever been asked to 'make an offer'.

Sandrine - it's with an agency, same as my current place is with an agency. All I paid for my current place was £90 for references and then the deposit. Not unreasonable.

I wasn't allowed to wear shoes in the house, same owner lunatic had 4 dogs running around the house.
I lasted 3 months.
Ah the joys of living in North Acton.

I remember when all you need to secure a flat was to be early, confirm cash no hand for deposit and a steady income.

I'm current moving flats, and no only do I have to give my age and full occupation, but also my gross salary, and we have to make a price offer!

We're not buying the damned place.

Jesus.

Is this a new thing? I haven't come across such questioning before.

very relevant - someone who wont fall short on the payments but also wont be able to raise a mortgage themselves any time soon = good chance of long term stability

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼