Junior A Hurling Championship 2023

Was following scores on twitter, seemed really tight game in second half.
Was goal all the way in from a free? Hard way to lose it
Couldn’t tell it was so crowded, free was down in Nemo’s own half and dropped in and found its way in, third minute of injury time. Feel absolutely sick.

They’re a good group and I’m sure will regroup well in Muskerry next year, carrying a fair few injuries at this point too, but right now it’s hard to even think about it. Feels like the biggest chance in a long time let slip.

Overall from what I’ve seen today, I’d make Harbour Rovers favourites for the final, but Nemo will make them work for it.

How did Shane Kingston get on?
Missed a few frees but he’s only on them due to injuries elsewhere so I wouldn’t blame him or anyone else on the team really, just happens.

He’s pretty consistently good and easily stands out at this level, he’s definitely too good for Junior A realistically.

Puts up with a lot of shite in both hurling and football cause of it though.

Game of two halves in the first game. Glanworth took 15 mins to score their second point I think, goal was badly needed. Wind was more of a factor than it appeared from the stands. Turned the game on its head in second half, got 3 pts in first 3 mins. Out fought and out hurled Carrig, was in the melting pot near the end but Carrig never really looked like they had anything left to take it. Second game will be a sickener for Ballinora. Had a lot of chances to pull away but never did. Nemo know how to win games and stuck in there. All the Ballinora supporters around me were making plans for Glanworth during the second half of the first game, obviously had a lot of confidence coming into the game...

Who played well for Harbour Rovers? They are handy and getting better at the small ball for last few years
Darragh O Brien was lively. Full back line solid bar running into each other a few times under high ball, cost them the goal. Tom Condone hurled well, Pyne came into when really needed. Whelton who came on as a sub was a fine bit of stuff too

Ballinora will be perennial contenders. The experience of this year will stand to them. Can see that they have made progress since last year and the year before where they were poor in county

Ballinora will be perennial contenders. The experience of this year will stand to them. Can see that they have made progress since last year and the year before where they were poor in county
Honestly, after the Dromtarriffe and Erin’s Own defeats of the past 2 years I thought we were still further away from being serious county contenders but I think they have turned a corner this year absolutely, as gutting as the game yesterday was, you’re right, I’m sure it will stand to them in seasons to come.

The additions of Grenagh and Dripsey in Muskerry seemed to help prepare them better this season also, even if all the clubs are on different trajectories at times. Grenagh seem to have a decent young crop so they’ll probably be the biggest threat in Muskerry moving forward.

There’s a very young core to the team, so plenty of time to get there, no guarantees of course, but there’s plenty of talent around the place and I’m hopeful. We were down a few yesterday which I think made a difference in the end, the regular centre forward had a bad injury in the Clon match and the regular free taker has been out since Dripsey, Nemo are dogged and we just couldn’t get away unfortunately.

Think it’ll be a competitive final.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼