• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Predictions for Muskerry 2nd Round of Fixtures for this weekend:
Grenagh Vs Aghabullogue: Grenagh by a few points
Cloughduv Vs Kilmichael: No PK no party, still fancy Kilmichael to get over the line after Cloughduv's 36 point loss last weekend
Inniscarra Vs Blarney: Scarra used no subs first round of PIHC but stiff task of Bandon Friday night meaning they'll need extra bodies which will weaken Junior team. Toss up between the two teams really, going to tip Scarra by 1 or 2 points
Ballincollig Vs Eire Og: Collig coming off the back of 16 point loss to Ballinora don't see them bouncing back, Eire Og by a few points
Ballinora Vs Iveleary: Iveleary showed fighting spirit in first round but mammoth challenge here, Ballinora comfortable winners

No real mouth watering ties here for the weekend, if I was to choose it would be Scarra Vs Blarney just being a local derby.

Grenagh 0-19 Aghabullogue 0-11

Aghabullogue led at half time but Grenagh just pulled away towards the end, that's them guaranteed to be top 2 in the group.

Result from Doneraile.
Liscarroll Churchtown Gaels 1-19
Ballyhooly 2-14
An exhibition given from Colin O'Brien was the highlight of the game. Sideline cuts, beauties from play and a few from frees despite starting poorly on them.
Ballyhooly raced out to a 7 point to 1 lead with some outstanding free taking from Dan Roche and a points from play from both Linehans. Gaels slowly grew into the game with O'Brien chipping in with a few from play. A great save from the Ballyhooly keeper had the sides level at half time 9 points a piece. Gaels came out the traps quickest in the second half and a few points from Josh Hudner and a long range goal from him that was spilled into the net by the goalie had Gaels up by 6 at one stage. Ballyhooly were dogged and despite missing Barry Johnson they slowly began pulling the gaels back in with a great goal from wing back Eoin Twomey. O'Brien then had 3 points in as many minutes from play and sidelines to push the Gaels ahead, a second goal for Ballyhooly that was also spilt into the net by the goalie set up a titanic finish but the Gaels held firm for a 2 point win.
I was impressed with both teams and if the Gaels avoid a hammering from Charleville in 3 weeks then both these teams progress and there aren't many who would fancy facing them. Ballyhoolys long range shooting was immaculate but watching Colin O'Brien fielding against 2 and 3 opponents on him was majestic, a truly phenomenal ball winner. Gaels have often relied on him too much but Josh Hudner and Josh Quinn chipped in with 1-3 and 4 points while Sean Killeen was impressive at centre back in a great dual with Sean Linehan. Ballyhooly had good performances from Diarmuid and Sean Linehan but the player I was most impressed with was Dan Roche. Darragh O'Reilly had a tough night marking O'Brien but showed glimpses of his class.

Result from Doneraile.
Liscarroll Churchtown Gaels 1-19
Ballyhooly 2-14
An exhibition given from Colin O'Brien was the highlight of the game. Sideline cuts, beauties from play and a few from frees despite starting poorly on them.
Ballyhooly raced out to a 7 point to 1 lead with some outstanding free taking from Dan Roche and a points from play from both Linehans. Gaels slowly grew into the game with O'Brien chipping in with a few from play. A great save from the Ballyhooly keeper had the sides level at half time 9 points a piece. Gaels came out the traps quickest in the second half and a few points from Josh Hudner and a long range goal from him that was spilled into the net by the goalie had Gaels up by 6 at one stage. Ballyhooly were dogged and despite missing Barry Johnson they slowly began pulling the gaels back in with a great goal from wing back Eoin Twomey. O'Brien then had 3 points in as many minutes from play and sidelines to push the Gaels ahead, a second goal for Ballyhooly that was also spilt into the net by the goalie set up a titanic finish but the Gaels held firm for a 2 point win.
I was impressed with both teams and if the Gaels avoid a hammering from Charleville in 3 weeks then both these teams progress and there aren't many who would fancy facing them. Ballyhoolys long range shooting was immaculate but watching Colin O'Brien fielding against 2 and 3 opponents on him was majestic, a truly phenomenal ball winner. Gaels have often relied on him too much but Josh Hudner and Josh Quinn chipped in with 1-3 and 4 points while Sean Killeen was impressive at centre back in a great dual with Sean Linehan. Ballyhooly had good performances from Diarmuid and Sean Linehan but the player I was most impressed with was Dan Roche. Darragh O'Reilly had a tough night marking O'Brien but showed glimpses of his class.
Very tough battle out in Glantane. Killavullen won by a point courtesy of a goal from a free about a minute from time. Jamie Magner a great talent. Clyda will be dissapointing. Should have won and left it behind them. Conor Corbett came on and scored an excellent point with his first touch

Thanks for those reports lads. I went to the Senior games today so missed these games. Big wins for LC Gaels and Killavullen. Two up and coming teams in this grade. Ballyhooly and Clyda would have fancied themselves to contend for this title. Glanworth still the front runners in my opinion.

To the best of my knowledge the quarter final match ups are looking like LC Gaels (provided they beat Charleville) against Clyda and Killavullen (provided they beat Castletownroche) against Ballyhooly. Charleville used a few of their juniors last night against Sars so they'll be weakened. Glanworth definitely the team to beat. Said it earlier in the thread that I was very impressed with Killavullen in the league, last night was a huge scalp for them. I thought Clyda would have fancied themselves this year with Corbett, Nyhan and O'Sullivan available. Still a lot of hurling left to be played. Can't bate it!

Millstreet handed a walk over to Dromtarriffe in Duhallow. Poor sign of a town. Kilbrin beat Newmarket 1-17 to 19 Banteer beat Kanturk second team 5-16 to 2-15

Any reason for Millstreet giving the game?

That’s poor going, I know they lost to Banteer last weekend and probably would have lost to Drom also, but they seemed to have enough about them to be competitive at least.

Kilmichael beat Cloughduv 2-13 to 1-10 last night in Muskerry, Grenagh are through from that group and Cloughduv are gone, Kilmichael should make it through also but could come down to scoring between themselves and Aghabullogue. 3 more games tonight.

Any reason for Millstreet giving the game?

That’s poor going, I know they lost to Banteer last weekend and probably would have lost to Drom also, but they seemed to have enough about them to be competitive at least.

Kilmichael beat Cloughduv 2-13 to 1-10 last night in Muskerry, Grenagh are through from that group and Cloughduv are gone, Kilmichael should make it through also but could come down to scoring between themselves and Aghabullogue. 3 more games tonight.
The Duhallow Board really need to pull up their socks. Only 6 teams in Junior hurling and one of them pull out. The Junior Football Championship in Duhallow is a farce too. 8 teams in the competition and 3 teams pulled out just a few weeks ago. That can't happen again.

On top of that, the Duhallow website is dormant. To try find fixtures, results and league tables in the division is like pulling hen's teeth.

I see they are joining the Avondhu and Junior leagues next year. It might be for the better that they amalgamate the Junior championships too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:30pm

More events ▼