• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fairly sure Avondhu are entering a Divisional side this yr. It's tricky though with the likes of Mitchelstown, Kilshannig, Glanworth and Clyda all going well in football so the best players prob not available. Any lads with UCC playing with them as well. Some fantasy team no doubt tho!!
Supposedly back training already or have had a meeting. Big commitment from players too I believe but clubs could put a stop to all that.

I could be criticised for this but I don't even think Ballygiblin were the best team in Avondhu this year. I think there's about 4 or 5 teams in Avondhu who would fancy themselves for a North Cork.
Kilshannig, Harbour Rovers, LC Gaels and beaten finalists Clyda Rovers never had there strongest line ups available to them. Ballygiblin were taken to extra time by Kilshannig who were without a few key players. Harbour Rovers lost Stevie Condon who is well known to be there talisman.
Sean Killeen is in my opinion the best player LC Gaels have and he missed the hurling championship last year, O'Brien had to carry the weight of that team last year and a fully fit Killeen can take some of the load off him.
Clyda were unfortunate to pick up so many injuries in the run up to the final. Conor Corbett is also a fine hurler and hopefully we see him back playing this summer. A fully fit Clyda will be very hard to beat. Outside of those teams you have Dromina, an aging team but they have more fight and bottle than the rest of Avondhu put together. Ballyhooly will be hoping to build on a good year in both codes again this year. They'll be a team most will want to avoid in the group stages. Killavullen are improving each year and there's great players coming through for them underage. I don't think they'll have what it takes this year but in a few years they could be very strong. Whoever comes out of Avondhu this year will have won a strong championship in my opinion. I cannot wait for it to begin!
Were Ballygiblin not down to 14 men for the whole game against Kilshannig? Or are we not allowed say that? Ballygiblin also missing players all year!

Hope an Avondhu team wins it again this year but going off Glanworth, Clyda and Drominas efforts before, they will struggle. Hope they've not one single injury but at least they'll have an excuse then!

Were Ballygiblin not down to 14 men for the whole game against Kilshannig? Or are we not allowed say that? Ballygiblin also missing players all year!

Hope an Avondhu team wins it again this year but going off Glanworth, Clyda and Drominas efforts before, they will struggle. Hope they've not one single injury but at least they'll have an excuse then!
Harbour Rovers were in a County final less than 12 months ago, or we not allowed say that? In saying that, Dromtarriffe are the real class act in this division and were the better team versus Ballygiblin for much of the game. Liscarroll need start getting out of their group before talking about winning anything.

Harbour Rovers were in a County final less than 12 months ago, or we not allowed say that? In saying that, Dromtarriffe are the real class act in this division and were the better team versus Ballygiblin for much of the game. Liscarroll need start getting out of their group before talking about winning anything.
Ok promote Glanworth so they got to the county final.

Ralf Rangnick is winning every game on XG so hire him full time. Utd are back!!!!

Outside of Dromtarriffe what other team in the County do you think would walk Avondhu? It's not the joke of a division you make it out to be. Just pointing out the last two yrs the Avondhu representative has gotten to a County final, and winning one of them.

I think Avondhu was a bit weaker four or five years ago but has improved steadily. Would probably be most competitive division in county now IMO. The quality seems to have been drained from East Cork too so I don’t think there are many teams around that would clip the Avondhu champions.

I think you picked me up wrong, I'm in no way begrudging Ballygiblin their victories. They were full value for their success. The point I was making was if Ballygiblin can do it there's no reason why any other team from Avondhu can't do it. I'm well aware that Ballygiblin didn't have the likes of Beston or O'Mahony available to them, two fantastic hurlers, but to the best of my knowledge those players opted out rather than missed out through injury like the likes of the O'Hanlons, Condon and Corbett.

Are Avondhu keeping the group stages again this year? I personally find it makes for a better championship and I hope it sticks around.

Dromtarriffe remain the team to beat when it comes to the county. They'll feel they perhaps left two county titles behind them, losing to Lisgoold in a titanic battle in the semi and then the final just gone by. They're almost in danger of turning into the Kilbrin team of the early 2010's, winning the Duhallow at a canter but not able to grind out a county. Avondhu winners play the Duhallow winners in the first round of the county.

I think it's between Harbour Rovers and Kilshannig, but with the addition of Nyhan to their forwards this year Clyda will take beating.

I think you picked me up wrong, I'm in no way begrudging Ballygiblin their victories. They were full value for their success. The point I was making was if Ballygiblin can do it there's no reason why any other team from Avondhu can't do it. I'm well aware that Ballygiblin didn't have the likes of Beston or O'Mahony available to them, two fantastic hurlers, but to the best of my knowledge those players opted out rather than missed out through injury like the likes of the O'Hanlons, Condon and Corbett.

Are Avondhu keeping the group stages again this year? I personally find it makes for a better championship and I hope it sticks around.

Dromtarriffe remain the team to beat when it comes to the county. They'll feel they perhaps left two county titles behind them, losing to Lisgoold in a titanic battle in the semi and then the final just gone by. They're almost in danger of turning into the Kilbrin team of the early 2010's, winning the Duhallow at a canter but not able to grind out a county. Avondhu winners play the Duhallow winners in the first round of the county.

I think it's between Harbour Rovers and Kilshannig, but with the addition of Nyhan to their forwards this year Clyda will take beating.
That's fair enough. Ballygiblin were missing Colin English for a lot of the North Cork campaign too as well as James Mullins who's a fine hurler. Missing others here and there too. Just making the point players will always be missing.

Agree fully that it is a great boost for Avondhu seeing them do it and should drive the division on even more in 2022!

Outside of Dromtarriffe what other team in the County do you think would walk Avondhu? It's not the joke of a division you make it out to be. Just pointing out the last two yrs the Avondhu representative has gotten to a County final, and winning one of them.
Definitely on the up! Will be interesting to see this year's story.

Colin English supposed to be off to Dubai or Abu Dhabi soon if the rumour is true he'll be a big loss to both Ballygiblin and Mitchelstown. Dromtarriff would be favourites for the county but would need to be wary of Newmarket in Duhallow if they were knocked out of the football early and concentrate on the small ball. In Imokilly St. Itas or Carrignavar but this year I'd go with Carrig. Alot of teams in Avondhu will try and follow Ballygiblin's heroics from last year with Clyda, Ballyhooly, Killshannig & Glanworth front runners also Dromina and Charleville's second string in with a shout. Its Glanworth for me this year with Stevie Condon back and they also have some good young fellas coming into the squad including young O'Brien who opted for Cork minor footballers last year but could easily have made the hurling squad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Ria Lina

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼