Junior A Football 2023

Thumbs down to Carbery board on treating a West Cork final like that in Junior A football.
9:52pm on a Friday night the final whistle blew.

A few days out from November also.
Fair play to both teams but the board should hang their heads in shame
I'm sure the two teams were happy enough with the winners getting an extra few days to get ready for county quater final.
And Barryroe congratulations on their first west cork football championship. They will be glad of the break and can enjoy a couple of days celebrating.

Thumbs down to Carbery board on treating a West Cork final like that in Junior A football.
9:52pm on a Friday night the final whistle blew.

A few days out from November also.
Fair play to both teams but the board should hang their heads in shame
Not the first time they've done it either. 2013 final was played on a Friday night. Unfair on players and supporters.

Caheragh won and were out the sat/sun in county versus Ballinhassig.

Clubs are letting the board ride them nowadays
Even recently I was shocked that Bantry and Nemo both agreed to play a county quarter final in the old Ballineen GAA pitch

Caheragh won and were out the sat/sun in county versus Ballinhassig.

Clubs are letting the board ride them nowadays
Even recently I was shocked that Bantry and Nemo both agreed to play a county quarter final in the old Ballineen GAA pitch
Ah that was it. My memory is playing tricks ...

Player of that calibre absolutely priceless at that level, Ryan O'Donovan kicked some good scores in normal time, think there was a total of only one point kicked in injury time, conditions deteriorated bigtime.

Kilmacabea had the last three chances to draw the game, hit the upright & dropped one short with two of them, def could have wrangled a draw, in the end just too reliant on Gore, although he was superb, Richie Sullivan was a big loss on that front.
2 outstanding performances from 2 great forwards. Barryroe just looked that bit fitter and the more balanced team won. Even when barryroe doubled up on gore, nobody else looked like scoring for them.

A. Canovee v Lisgoold
B. Castlemagner v Barryroe
C. Ballinhassig/Ballygarvan v Killavullen
D. Mayfield
Heard Ballinhassig have a few injury concerns heading into game with Ballygarven.

Assuming it’s AvB, CvD

Canovee v Barryroe
Killavullen v Mayfield

It’s been a long time since mayfield won, wonder will the break catch them

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The 2 Johnnies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th May 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼