Junior A Football 2023

Mid Cork Football Final this Saturday:

Inniscarra Vs Canovee: With the amount of rain fallen over the last week and rain expected over the coming days this could be a real dog fight. Inniscarra very physical team which conditions will suit. Interesting to see who will start midfield for them after their two main midfielders were absent for the semi final, they will still look to SO'D to lead their charge. History is against them as they seek their 2nd ever Mid Cork, their last coming in 1989.
Canovee are young quick and very smart footballers and will be very difficult to hold. They've scorers all over the pitch and are an extremely well balanced side. Both teams have some good quality subs who would be starters on every other club in the division.
With the expected conditions I would think this game will be closer than first expected but would still expect Canovee to get over the line for their first mid cork since 2007.

Don't understand the thinking behind The Carbery Board playing both Semi-Finals at the same time.
Doesn’t make a huge amount of sense, but at the end of the day how many people would actually go to both? Attendances at games are now so low that I’d say less than 20 people would go to both of those matches

Doesn’t make a huge amount of sense, but at the end of the day how many people would actually go to both? Attendances at games are now so low that I’d say less than 20 people would go to both of those matches
20 spectators at a Junior A semi final?? I thought West Cork was the home of football?

There are people who would attend both games. And plenty of them. It's making a mockery of the competition. That seems to be the way with the Carbery Board. Speaking of which , I saw on twitter they made the draws for the U21A Football Championship 🧐. In all fairness this is no time of the year to be running what used to be a fantastic West cork Championship

There are people who would attend both games. And plenty of them. It's making a mockery of the competition. That seems to be the way with the Carbery Board. Speaking of which , I saw on twitter they made the draws for the U21A Football Championship 🧐. In all fairness this is no time of the year to be running what used to be a fantastic West cork Championship
Biggest issue with the Carbery Board is not playing big championship games underlights..would mean you could have one game Saturday night and other game Sunday...but sure the Carbery Board hate going against tradition

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

29th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking

Cornmarket Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼