Junior A Football 2023

Cranky who would you have as favourite in the Carbery final?
Having seen both teams Id be siding for Barryroe, just because they have a freshness and play quality attacking football. Now id be concerned about their backs who can be got at, but Kilmac are also vunerable defensively and missing their fullback Niall Hayes due to injury doesnt help. The one area where I think Kilmac might edge it is in experience and they wont be overawed by the occasion surrounding the final, their 5th final in 8 years while its Barryroe's first in 20 years so nerves might affect them more. Cant wait for Friday night now, expecting a cracking game of football between two teams that want to play football

I’m hearing Barryroe had selectors down watching the Muskerry final on Saturday evening before their game vs Bal on Sunday. Are they possibly looking two steps ahead of themselves already, as shown with their scare yesterday evening. Personally think Kilmacabea will have the better of them. Don’t think Barryroe have the backs to cope with Gore and Jennings. The Kilmacs will know that if they keep the two O’Donovans quiet then the game is theirs for the taking.

I’m hearing Barryroe had selectors down watching the Muskerry final on Saturday evening before their game vs Bal on Sunday. Are they possibly looking two steps ahead of themselves already, as shown with their scare yesterday evening. Personally think Kilmacabea will have the better of them. Don’t think Barryroe have the backs to cope with Gore and Jennings. The Kilmacs will know that if they keep the two O’Donovans quiet then the game is theirs for the taking.
Wouldn’t think they’re getting ahead of themselves, just good forward planning if they do manage to win west cork.

Barryroe doing what any half decent management team would do. Are you telling me the Kilmacs mentors aren’t preparing?
But then again this is your one and only post on proc.. Another rogue account 🙄.. karma… as an example go back along on this forum and read all the posts about Charleville winning the North Cork at their ease and the junior county.. they were absolutely demolished yesterday in the north cork final by a properly prepared football team. It was supposed to have been a masterclass in how to take apart the opposition and it took just 17 minutes before the game was over I was told today.
Preparation wins you matches..
“The Kilmacs” will go the same way as Charleville maybe

Barryroe doing what any half decent management team would do. Are you telling me the Kilmacs mentors aren’t preparing?
But then again this is your one and only post on proc.. Another rogue account 🙄.. karma… as an example go back along on this forum and read all the posts about Charleville winning the North Cork at their ease and the junior county.. they were absolutely demolished yesterday in the north cork final by a properly prepared football team. It was supposed to have been a masterclass in how to take apart the opposition and it took just 17 minutes before the game was over I was told today.
Preparation wins you matches..
“The Kilmacs” will go the same way as Charleville maybe
I am not trying to insult any of the teams here. Yes I am new to this forum as I was only introduced to it last week by a friend of mine. I have no grudge with Barryroe, but I have seen other teams throughout the years look too far ahead of themselves in the past and it come back to haunt them. I would not have enough knowledge of the junior football grade above in north cork, but looking at it from a purely west cork perspective I wonder did they take their eye off the ball a small bit and could easily have been caught on the hop by an average Ballinascarthy team yesterday evening.

I am not trying to insult any of the teams here. Yes I am new to this forum as I was only introduced to it last week by a friend of mine. I have no grudge with Barryroe, but I have seen other teams throughout the years look too far ahead of themselves in the past and it come back to haunt them. I would not have enough knowledge of the junior football grade above in north cork, but looking at it from a purely west cork perspective I wonder did they take their eye off the ball a small bit and could easily have been caught on the hop by an average Ballinascarthy team yesterday evening.
It’s not good if Kilmacs manager isn’t building up a very good knowledge of the teams that his team might face.. surely at the very least the Kilmacs were at the Duhallow & Muskerry finals? Surely you’ve confidence that you are going to win Carbery?
Surely you aren’t going to go into the county quarter final without having seen your opponents play? Because that’s your daft suggestion..
No preparation.. Wow..
It’s even more daft considering the importance of that game for your club, it only the Kilmacs 3rd maybe 4th time in their entire history getting that far in the championship?

It’s not good if Kilmacs manager isn’t building up a very good knowledge of the teams that his team might face.. surely at the very least the Kilmacs were at the Duhallow & Muskerry finals? Surely you’ve confidence that you are going to win Carbery?
Surely you aren’t going to go into the county quarter final without having seen your opponents play? Because that’s your daft suggestion..
No preparation.. Wow..
It’s even more daft considering the importance of that game for your club, it only the Kilmacs 3rd maybe 4th time in their entire history getting that far in the championship?
Apologies if I offended anyone with my opinion. I did not mean for it to come across in a way where I was degrading another team. I believe the west cork final will be a great game between both clubs and would back either one of them to go all the way in the county. My own opinion would be that kilmacabea have more firepower up front and more of a general consistency all around the pitch. My only concern would be that teams are taking the eye off the ball a small bit and would be better to focused more upon themselves and their own performance than to be focusing on the hypotheticals with teams they may not end up facing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Darragh O Rourke

Seventy Seven, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼