Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

You cannot buck the markets!
They "u-turned" of course.

EXCLUSIVE: Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng to announce mini-budget u-turn *today*

They are meeting shortly after chancellor flies back from Washington Plans to freeze corporation tax will be reversed - it will rise next year PM statement expected later.

Kwasi will resign of course as that is the right thing to do?

Robot Liz Truss will sack him?

Or will he just cling on to the wreckage of the Titanic for some more punishment beatings?

No mandate and no clue.

1665742315028.png

Ermmm......................

Daily Telegraph 14-10-22

Corporation tax will rise to 25 per cent this spring, Liz Truss will announce at a 2pm press conference today, as she rips up her mini-Budget.

The about-turn means she is abandoning one of the flagship tax cut promises from her Tory leadership campaign.

Ms Truss had pledged to scrap a corporation tax hike from 19 per cent to 25 per cent which had been scheduled for April next year by Rishi Sunak when he was chancellor. But the rise will now go ahead as planned.

Last edited:

BREAKING Chancellor will not appear at press conference​

We're now hearing Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng will not appear at the press conference with Prime Minister Liz Truss later today.
We still don't have confirmation about exactly when the conference will take place or what Truss will say.
But speculation is mounting that there will be a U-turn on parts of the mini-budget outlined by Kwarteng on 23 September.

BREAKING Chancellor will not appear at press conference​

We're now hearing Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng will not appear at the press conference with Prime Minister Liz Truss later today.
We still don't have confirmation about exactly when the conference will take place or what Truss will say.
But speculation is mounting that there will be a U-turn on parts of the mini-budget outlined by Kwarteng on 23 September.
Probably after the time the markets close?

She is throwing him under the bus.

He is being sacked apparently.

4 Chancellors in only 4 months.

Britain is now just Italy with crap food and crap weather.

The Daily Star have a live feed as to whether Liz Truss can outlast a lettuce

1665743852088.png

I know someone in here has been humorously taking about the farce that is the UK government & economy as a TV series. It will be some series on whatever is the Netflix of the day in 20 years time. People then will not believe that all this stuff going on is real.

We blame our government for things not working but this Conservative Party have literally nuked their own country, I wonder if that’s as obvious to the ordinary British people?

If she sacks Kwasi Kamikaze how can trUss actually disown the decisions that were made. The buck stops with her.

I like the moving of the capitalisation to the U in trUss. I hope it catches on!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼