james mclean

So what?

There are plenty of people in Derry who wear Poppies.

He was 5 years old when the PIRA surrendered, so he would be too young to have seen any real violence perpetrated by either side.

It's just a guess. It maybe his parents, grad parents or older relations might have filled him in at some point.

Fair play to James Mc Lean a man who thinks for himself and refused to honour the army that murdered 6 fellow Creggan men on Bloody Sunday is to be admired. Sure we have enough lovers of those murdering bastards already in this country so its good to see one man stand up big!.

fuck this bulling people to wear that poppy. I'm behind the decision of anyone that does wear it but the pressure put on people in the UK is not right.
mcclean is a true patriot however.

Did you know Rod Stewart isn't even from Scotland?
He's from London, but his father was from Glasgow.
Great commitment from him to travel up and down to games.

With regards to Keith Wood, I would be against slating someone for wearing one as much as i would be for someone not wearing one.
Well he has lived in London for years, but it should be up to every individual to decide.
Do you think someone like Dimitar Berbatov, John Arne Riise or Chicarito give a flying fuck about the poppy? No because they still get paid at the end of the week.
Must of been very awkward for the likes of Per Mertesacker

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼