Israel attacks Iran!

“UN brokered treaty” that somehow left out the Palestinians whose land it ALL was. And there’s your valid reason right there.

Britain promised a Jewish state to Zionists during WW1 to gain their support to be built on land that Britain themselves did not hold themselves. Sorry. Fact. Spin it all you want.

Ok so let’s blame the British and the UN, maybe Trump was right about the UN afterall so.

I appreciate your honesty.. thanks

Let’s agree to diasagree

Ah now we can't just leave it like that!! ;-)

I mentioned the below that are part of the Israeli law and/or the constitution, you didn't discuss any of the points but proceeded to talk about the oppression of the Jews by the Germans and Russians, 1947 and 1948, and then something about Irish parties supporting the Palestinians!

So back on point, do you agree with these specific elements of Israeli law/constitution?

1 - It states that “the right to exercise national self-determination” in Israel is “unique to the Jewish people.”
2 - It establishes Hebrew as Israel’s official language, and downgrades Arabic — a language widely spoken by Arab Israelis — to a “special status.”
3 - It establishes “Jewish settlement as a national value” and mandates that the state “will labor to encourage and promote its establishment and development.”

Ah now we can't just leave it like that!! ;-)

I mentioned the below that are part of the Israeli law and/or the constitution, you didn't discuss any of the points but proceeded to talk about the oppression of the Jews by the Germans and Russians, 1947 and 1948, and then something about Irish parties supporting the Palestinians!

So back on point, do you agree with these specific elements of Israeli law/constitution?

1 - It states that “the right to exercise national self-determination” in Israel is “unique to the Jewish people.”
2 - It establishes Hebrew as Israel’s official language, and downgrades Arabic — a language widely spoken by Arab Israelis — to a “special status.”
3 - It establishes “Jewish settlement as a national value” and mandates that the state “will labor to encourage and promote its establishment and development.”

Israel is a unique situation as the Jews have been chased attacked murdered in Russia, Germany for centuries, many more examples but those two are well documented.

People of Cork should be well aware of this due to the Lithuanian Jews settling in Cork at the beginning of the 1900s due to the Russian pogroms but we live in a revisionist culture now where certain elements of history must be wiped from the history books.

Did the Jews of Cork forcibly evict the former settlers of that area of cork and cause outrage? As far as I know they were well respected by older generations that remember them and respected members of the community.

https://eurojewcong.org/news/communities-news/ireland/cork-launched-a-jewish-culture-virtual-walk/

Well Hebrew is the official language and Arabaic should not be downgraded as it is widely spoken so we are in agreement on this.

I also stated many times that I’m not in agreement with expanding settlements as the two states have to live side by side and in peace would be nice. The Israeli government are not clear on their policy as they appear to encourage some and evict Jewish settlers from others.

Israel is the original homeland of the Jews don’t forget Moses leading them home when the ocean parted.

I hope now we can get on in peace and harmony leesider.

Israel is a unique situation as the Jews have been chased attacked murdered in Russia, Germany for centuries, many more examples but those two are well documented.

People of Cork should be well aware of this due to the Lithuanian Jews settling in Cork at the beginning of the 1900s due to the Russian pogroms but we live in a revisionist culture now where certain elements of history must be wiped from the history books.

Did the Jews of Cork forcibly evict the former settlers of that area of cork and cause outrage? As far as I know they were well respected by older generations that remember them and respected members of the community.

https://eurojewcong.org/news/communities-news/ireland/cork-launched-a-jewish-culture-virtual-walk/

Well Hebrew is the official language and Arabaic should not be downgraded as it is widely spoken so we are in agreement on this.

I also stated many times that I’m not in agreement with expanding settlements as the two states have to live side by side and in peace would be nice. The Israeli government are not clear on their policy as they appear to encourage some and evict Jewish settlers from others.

Israel is the original homeland of the Jews don’t forget Moses leading them home when the ocean parted.

The Jewish people of cork that time looked after their cork employees very well.

Great bunch of lads

🤔
A lot of Jews settled in Cork at that time due to pogroms in Limerick as they were run out of the city owing to a priest saying from the pulpit that Christ was murdered by Jews. They suffered no intimidation and were made welcome in Cork. Initially they settled in an area of Cork which became known "Jewtown" and was near the old gasworks funnily enough.
There is an excellent book written about the period written by David Marcus called "A Land Not Theirs". I don't know where you could get a copy now but it's a great read about the period if you can lay your hands on a copy Slova.

🤔
A lot of Jews settled in Cork at that time due to pogroms in Limerick as they were run out of the city owing to a priest saying from the pulpit that Christ was murdered by Jews. They suffered no intimidation and were made welcome in Cork. Initially they settled in an area of Cork which became known "Jewtown" and was near the old gasworks funnily enough.
There is an excellent book written about the period written by David Marcus called "A Land Not Theirs". I don't know where you could get a copy now but it's a great read about the period if you can lay your hands on a copy Slova.

Thanks for the information on the book, next time I am in Cork I will try to locate a copy.

Perhaps I am wrong but Marcus family is related to the Jewish Lord Mayor of Cork by the name of Goldberg.The one who has the picture frame shop is a nephew I read somewhere.

They are one of the last few families of the Lithuanian Jews that served the Cork public so well. Most returned to their homeland in Israel or to New York.

Thanks for the information on the book, next time I am in Cork I will try to locate a copy.

Perhaps I am wrong but Marcus family is related to the Jewish Lord Mayor of Cork by the name of Goldberg.The one who has the picture frame shop is a nephew I read somewhere.

They are one of the last few families of the Lithuanian Jews that served the Cork public so well. Most returned to their homeland in Israel or to New York.

🤔
There was a Mayor of Cork called Gerald Goldberg. He had a firm of solicitors. Not sure if he's related to David Marcus though Slova.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼