Irish Pension Question.

Tell him to set up a MyGovid ID with his Irish PPS No and he can check what pension contributions he has made on welfare.ie and that will tell him what he is entitled to

It maybe the case that he can claim both pensions.

Seems 5 years in England entitles you a pension ( and you can purchase up to 17 years more entilements ) that can be claimed separately from any Irish pension

Yeah, I have 11 years irish stamps, and will have full brit stamps by the time I retire.

I presume the irish system will require 30 years stamps by the time i retire, but as it stands today, I'll get both pensions, and the private pension, assuming I live to see them.

Yeah, I have 11 years irish stamps, and will have full brit stamps by the time I retire.

I presume the irish system will require 30 years stamps by the time i retire, but as it stands today, I'll get both pensions, and the private pension, assuming I live to see them.
If you have 10 years you qualify for 40% of the value of the max. €110.

Max is if you have 48 years €270

Edit: As with all things Irish its more complicated. The 10 and 48 figures above aren't years, but the average contributions made per year ( I'm assuming thats over 40 years ) so 11 * 52 = 572/40 = 14

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼