Immigration Thread

There is growing concern across the Coalition about accommodation pressures created by the uptick in numbers of refugees arriving since the summer, with weekly arrivals now averaging around 800 people.

Around 30pc of these are coming from other EU countries, according to one senior figure. “We have a supply challenge and we all need to have an honest, calm conversation
Mr Martin said a “phenomenon” of people who have fled the war in Ukraine now arriving in Ireland having been based in other European countries is putting pressure on available accommodation but said he could not quantify it.
Mr Martin said it is “possible” that people were coming to Ireland because its offering to refugees is more generous than in other European countries, but added: “People are mobile, to be fair now, there are families reuniting… I don’t have any problem with that. But I think the matter is being examined in all its aspects generally so I am going to leave it at that.”

Of course, it has nothing to do with all the money they get in Ireland and anyone that says otherwise is a Racist Bigot

Germany getting tough on scammers.
Sweden plan to deport migrants who don't earn over 2.3k a month.

There is growing concern across the Coalition about accommodation pressures created by the uptick in numbers of refugees arriving since the summer, with weekly arrivals now averaging around 800 people.

Around 30pc of these are coming from other EU countries, according to one senior figure. “We have a supply challenge and we all need to have an honest, calm conversation
Mr Martin said a “phenomenon” of people who have fled the war in Ukraine now arriving in Ireland having been based in other European countries is putting pressure on available accommodation but said he could not quantify it.
Mr Martin said it is “possible” that people were coming to Ireland because its offering to refugees is more generous than in other European countries, but added: “People are mobile, to be fair now, there are families reuniting… I don’t have any problem with that. But I think the matter is being examined in all its aspects generally so I am going to leave it at that.”

Of course, it has nothing to do with all the money they get in Ireland and anyone that says otherwise is a Racist Bigot
What a giant fxckup. Taking in Ukrainians was the right thing to do. Paying them way above what other countries were paying on average was only going to have one result . A five year old could have told them that.They really are that f&king useless.

What a giant fxckup. Taking in Ukrainians was the right thing to do. Paying them way above what other countries were paying on average was only going to have one result . A five year old could have told them that.They really are that f&king useless.

Spot on.

Thousands of people in tents coming into November but they have to 'quantify the numbers'. YCNMIU.

McEntee and O'Gorman are responsible for this shambles. Two of the most gross incompetents Ive seen in politics. A nepo baby and a man who is such an imbecile that he sent out Tweets in multiple languages imploring refugees to come to Ireland in a housing crisis

Theyve done some damage to the country. He will lose his seat, hopefully she loses hers.

Our Helen was I think Jobless when she was gifted Daddy's seat. O'Gorman has changed Cities , towns and Villages for generations to come though his own ineptitude. Handing Power to Morons is absolute insanity.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼