Immigration Thread

The rise in road deaths is down to several factors. People driving too quickly and the Gardaí as good as giving up on checkpoints etc being two big reasons.

Immigration is not anywhere near a reason for it. Moronic and dangerous driving are not the preserve of immigrants nor are immigrants more likely to be dangerous drivers than people born and bred here.

The rise in road deaths is down to several factors. People driving too quickly and the Gardaí as good as giving up on checkpoints etc being two big reasons.

Immigration is not anywhere near a reason for it. Moronic and dangerous driving are not the preserve of immigrants nor are immigrants more likely to be dangerous drivers than people born and bred here.
Young drivers who think they can stop a car at will , Cars not maintained to proper standard i.e tyres, poor road conditions , poor visibilty etc all major factors

Young drivers who think they can stop a car at will , Cars not maintained to proper standard i.e tyres, poor road conditions , poor visibilty etc all major factors
Spot on. Was chatting with my old man about this recently. He said when the NCT was introduced the Gardaí cut way back on inspecting vehicles at checkpoints. He said when he was a young man in the 70s and 80s if they stopped you at a checkpoint they’d always check tyres etc. I’ve never once had a Garda check my tyres in over 15 years driving. Barely been asked for my licence. Breathalysed once.

Spot on. Was chatting with my old man about this recently. He said when the NCT was introduced the Gardaí cut way back on inspecting vehicles at checkpoints. He said when he was a young man in the 70s and 80s if they stopped you at a checkpoint they’d always check tyres etc. I’ve never once had a Garda check my tyres in over 15 years driving. Barely been asked for my licence. Breathalysed once.
Try to stop suddenly in wet conditions with bald tyres and the car will just slide, no matter how hard you slam the brakes,

Try to stop suddenly in wet conditions with bald tyres and the car will just slide, no matter how hard you slam the brakes,
Eamonn-Kelly-1280x700-1-800x445.png

I’ve it drilled into my lot how to keep a car safe and in good condition. I’d like to think they know when a tyre becomes unsafe. If there was an issue I’d get a phonecall and a question.

I don’t want to come across as the Mr perfect as a parent because I have to remind them of many things like the next parent. I do believe if you teach them well though, they’ll bring it forward with them.

Over 700 killed on irish roads each year during the 70's 300-400 killed on irish roads during the 90's we are doing ok now against those figures. Was in Youghal and garrettstown over the week end not a sight of a speed check.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼