How many Pride weekends are there?

Neither Hustler or Anal fisting 4 were written for teens though, afaik.

When I was a teen I was allowed to take books from the adult section of the library (as I had read all the kid section and there wasn't really a YA section) but the librarian was allowed to say if she felt a book wasn't suitable for me, and if she did I would have to ask my mother whether or not I could read it.

Common sense like, rather than hysteria.

Spare me your passive aggressive routine.

A 12 year old isnt a teenager.

Dawson's book is readily available to people this young in a decent cross section of Irish libraries.

I've yet to hear a single coherent argument from you or anyone else here as to why this sexually explicit book shouldn't be categorised in the adult section of a library.

If the book was age appropriate then why have the HSE pulled it from their recommended reading list for schools and why have a growing number of Irish libraries moved it to the adult section?

"Jesus Wept" "Off you fuck." "Gibberish... Out and out gibberish." All the Hank Scorpio classics available at a special TV price of only £8.99! Order now at 1900 777 7777! Tell them Mary sent you.

NOW! For a limited time only, in favour of any point that could be pulled out of a ditch, "You're Pondlife!" The all-time classic from the man we love to love.

"Get Lost!" with the only CD collection you'll ever need! It's the man himself! Without a Point! Inflammatory and and hyperbolic. Strawman after strawman! IT'S DAAAN!

You really are a very dim lady.

Best of luck with that.

"Jesus Wept" "Off you fuck." "Gibberish... Out and out gibberish." All the Hank Scorpio classics available at a special TV price of only £8.99! Order now at 1900 777 7777! Tell them Mary sent you.

NOW! For a limited time only, in favour of any point that could be pulled out of a ditch, "You're Pondlife!" The all-time classic from the man we love to love.

"Get Lost!" with the only CD collection you'll ever need! It's the man himself! Without a Point! Inflammatory and and hyperbolic. Strawman after strawman! IT'S DAAAN!

Class!

What had the Daily Mail to say about it?

I think that a book that is aimed at teens should be in the young adult section, and if parents don't want their particular teen to read a book then that's on them.

So any book, written by any person, covering any topic should be placed in the young adult section and made available to young people to read just so long as it is aimed at them?
You don`t think there should be any sort of vetting or a standard as to what constitutes suitable for young people outside of what the parents think?

I don't live in a world of paranoia but I would like to think that when the time comes I could send my 9, 10, 11yo daughter into the library and tell her browse away without having to worry about her reading a book with sexually explicit material in it just because it is deemed suitable by someone who is too afraid to say no for fear of being labelled at best a prude or at worst a homophobe or a transphobe or whatever.

So any book, written by any person, covering any topic should be placed in the young adult section and made available to young people to read just so long as it is aimed at them?
You don`t think there should be any sort of vetting or a standard as to what constitutes suitable for young people outside of what the parents think?

I don't live in a world of paranoia but I would like to think that when the time comes I could send my 9, 10, 11yo daughter into the library and tell her browse away without having to worry about her reading a book with sexually explicit material in it just because it is deemed suitable by someone who is too afraid to say no for fear of being labelled at best a prude or at worst a homophobe or a transphobe or whatever.
I think that its a book aimed at teens. If you don't want your 9 year old bring able to browse the young adult section of the library then I think it's up to you to police that.

Do you have anything to back up your claim that this book was deemed suitable because of fear of being labelled transphobic or homophobic otherwise?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼