How many Pride weekends are there?

As parents of children living in this country we're allowed to have opinions on the subject, Hank is 100% right in what he is saying.

The reaction here was something to behold.

First it was a case of 'oh I don't imagine theres anything inappropriate in this book. Those objecting to this book are Helen Lovejoy types/far right'.

Then when the objectionable and deeply age inappropriate material is shown to them in black and white its 'oh theres worse on the internet' and 'go along to the library and ensure your kids don't check it out'.

Thats quite an incredible leap to justify allowing deeply inappropriate material being available to children in a supposedly safe setting. We should be allowed to have our kids in the library without having to concern ourselves that they're going to be exposed to highly sexualised reading material.

I've read several public representatives arguing online that those objecting to this book being available to 12 year olds in Irish libraries are somehow 'homophobic' in their perfectly legitimate concerns.

When you ask them if they would like 12 year olds to be taught blowjob techniques they simply gloss over this content.

Otherwise intelligent people seem to have completely lost the plot whereby anything remotely associated with LGBT has to be accepted without question and those who question this are somehow intolerant.

Its grotesque thinking tbh. Children's safety should be paramount instead of tolerating the unacceptable because of a warped sense that because the author is transsexual anything they write aimed at kids is automatically ok. 🙄

Last edited:
The reaction here was something to behold.

First it was a case of 'oh I don't imagine theres anything inappropriate in this book. Those objecting to this book are Helen Lovejoy types/far right'.

Then when the objectionable and deeply age inappropriate material is shown to them in black and white its 'oh theres worse on the internet' and 'go along to the library and ensure your kids this isn't checked out'.

Thats quite an incredible leap to justify allowing deeply inappropriate material being available to children in a supposedly safe setting. We should be allowed to have our kids in the library without having to concern ourselves that they're going to be exposed to highly sexualised reading material.

I've read several public representatives arguing online that those objecting to this book being available to 12 year olds in Irish libraries are somehow 'homophobic' in their perfectly legitimate concerns.

When you ask them if they would like 12 year olds to be taught blowjob techniques they simply gloss over this content.

Otherwise intelligent people seem to have completely lost the plot whereby anything remotely associated with LGBT has to be accepted without question and those who question this are somehow intolerant.

Its grotesque thinking tbh. Children's safety should be paramount instead of tolerating the unacceptable because of a warped sense that because the author is transsexual anything they write aimed at kids is automatically ok. 🙄
Poor Dan backing off his claim that people who disagree with him on this issue are all pedophiles.

Baby steps, Anger Monkey. Baby steps.

I wouldn't waste my breath on that sad mental case.

Pretending he is in the U.S. arguing here at 3 or 4 in the morning. 🙄

Improve your PROC experience and put him on ignore.
For a guy who has me on ignore, you seem to be following me very closely. 😂

You still think I’m Irish. At least sometimes? Poor Pathetic Dan. 😤 🐵

The
You didn’t read the whole exchange apparently. Too bad.

I did. What exactly did he say that could be construed as homophobic because I'm failing to see it?

And be advised if your going to take your usual childish name calling, keyboard warrior, one-upsmanship type approach then I'm not going to engage with you.

If you want to have an adult conversation on the other hand then I'm all ears.

The

I did. What exactly did he say that could be construed as homophobic because I'm failing to see it?

And be advised if your going to take your usual childish name calling, keyboard warrior, one-upsmanship type approach then I'm not going to engage with you.

If you want to have an adult conversation on the other hand then I'm all ears.
Dan stated that children are being forced (somehow) into believing in the “normalcy” of transsexuals and that this Is causing them to “self mutilate”. He did this after he spoke about the book he has been whining about. I responded to this in my first post to him. He did not reply to this part of my post.

Now regarding the book, I said that I felt that parents should decide what their children should read and that it might be possible that a parent might find a reason to allow his 12 year old to read it. For this he claimed that I am clearly a pedophile.

I will note also his long post several posts above this post where he claims that people who disagree with him are succumbing to some kind of gay rights thing that is blinding them to his position. He does not offer any other reasons why people might disagree with him other than this. I think that he is succumbing to the current homophobic position that gay rights are causing negative affects on children. So I shall stand by my statement. His calling me a pedophile is simply nonsense.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

12th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼