How do you get your website

from being nowhere on the web to being a number 1 hit in google?

say if im selling shoes and i want my website to be one of the first to pop up if i google "shoes cork city"

call it www.shoescorkcity.com for a start,then get some hits

but lets just say its allready got a name like johnny shoes.
and if someone wanted to get shoes without knowing shoe shops they would just google.

like for instance

builders cork........

the first company really to make a hit are e&t builders. then you have o sheas builders. why are e&t ahead like?

take any example.
cork window cleaners

why is enviroclean about ten pages ahead of micks magic window cleaning service.

wiki informs us that

Google's algorithm uses a patented system called PageRank to help rank web pages that match a given search string.[5] The PageRank algorithm computes a recursive score for web pages, based on the weighted sum of the PageRanks of the pages linking to them. The PageRank derives from human-generated links, and is thought to correlate well with human concepts of importance. The exact percentage of the total of web pages that Google indexes is not known, as it is very hard to actually calculate. Previous keyword-based methods of ranking search results, used by many search engines that were once more popular than Google, would rank pages by how often the search terms occurred in the page, or how strongly associated the search terms were within each resulting page. In addition to PageRank, Google also uses other secret criteria for determining the ranking of pages on result lists, reported to be a number over 200.[6]

You pay Google for ads only, not for natural listings.

There is alot to getting the best listing, people make a living from improving page rankings for sites.

You need to start by building a website properly (standards compliance), then follow up with search engine marketing techniques - cross linking, page titles, keywords density (i.e. cleverly written content).

Here's a useful hint, get some bloggers who tend to blog about shoes (ahem) to write about your shoe shop. Get a thread going in a forum about shoes (again, cough).

Lamps and Pol should be able to point to some shoe fancier websites for you.

Oh, and don't build your website in Flash.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼