Help.

Diesel. Hatchback. 1.9 or similar. 130bhpish. 98 Onwards.

Suggestions people.

Shortlist so far is MkIV Golf, Renault Megane and Ford Focus/Mondeo but I doubt need the extra space of a saloon. Also consider just buying a cheap Octavia in england, bringing it over and modding the fuck out of it.

golf gt tdi can be mapped to 195bhp (and made uneconomical in the process) with nearly 300ftlbs....

you could look at pug vans if you wished some people swear by them - personally if you need a car van and you want it running on diesel then the gorls are your man - be it the tdi (red i) with 130bhp or the GT TDi with 150bhp standard

don't overlook the fiesta van either - cheap to run cheap parts etc

what do you need it for if you don't mind be asking? i've a friend who has a fiesta van as he is a sparky and an M3 as his car

golf gt tdi can be mapped to 195bhp (and made uneconomical in the process) with nearly 300ftlbs....

you could look at pug vans if you wished some people swear by them - personally if you need a car van and you want it running on diesel then the gorls are your man - be it the tdi (red i) with 130bhp or the GT TDi with 150bhp standard

what do you need it for if you don't mind be asking? i've a friend who has a fiesta van as he is a sparky and an M3 as his car

Not necessarily a van but I don't need back seats but extra boot can be handy and if I'm bringing it in from England it'd save me a fortune on VRT.

Ford 1.8 diesel is only 115 so not a lot really. Mk4 is the favourite at the moment, loads in England to choose from and not much VRT wise either. And it'd be the leader in performance as well, because I want something more economical/reliable but don't want to lose the performance I have. I like being able to leave most things standing with a slight press of the accelerator like.

Not necessarily a van but I don't need back seats but extra boot can be handy and if I'm bringing it in from England it'd save me a fortune on VRT.

Ford 1.8 diesel is only 115 so not a lot really. Mk4 is the favourite at the moment, loads in England to choose from and not much VRT wise either. And it'd be the leader in performance as well, because I want something more economical/reliable but don't want to lose the performance I have. I like being able to leave most things standing with a slight press of the accelerator like.

none of them are going to be like the pug man, not that i know of a pug that can leave most things standing with a slight press of the accelerator... if i was you i'd keep the pug for kicks and get a van for work only - if you really need one. you ever get that rwd motor you wanted?

Not all the GT TDI's are 150bhp.

TUT!!

none of them are going to be like the pug man, not that i know of a pug that can leave most things standing with a slight press of the accelerator... if i was you i'd keep the pug for kicks and get a van for work only - if you really need one. you ever get that rwd motor you wanted?

Don't specifically need a van for work or anything like, was just looking at one for the sake of saving me the money. Judging by how much it'd be to get a decent one, I'd say I'd be better off saving and holding onto it for a while and getting the S2000 when I can. And as maggot said, some of the GT TDIs are 115.

Don't specifically need a van for work or anything like, was just looking at one for the sake of saving me the money. Judging by how much it'd be to get a decent one, I'd say I'd be better off saving and holding onto it for a while and getting the S2000 when I can. And as maggot said, some of the GT TDIs are 115.

yeah but i wouldn't even consider them, hold on to what you have you aren't going to save money there to be honest and if you get rid of the pug (which is a very capable car for someone of your age (not on mummys policy)) sit back and wait for what you want if you replace the 106 for anything mentioned you'd be well pissed off, remember its only irish people are obsessed with the year of the car fact is you pug would out drive and out handle any of the others so why change.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼