Guess the reason behind a posters name

I need to be saved, from myself. :(

What's the craic with pubwithnobeer? Sounds like a bit of a story.

It surely is, I signed up when Hoggy (your man with the pub in New Tipperary) was jailed for buying drink from Heineken and selling it on to pubs that Heineken refused to sell to because they were'nt paying their bills on time. Heineken got wind of this so refused to supply Hoggy. Hoggy being the warrior he was decided to block the entrance to Heineken with a truck and got jail for refusing to move it. Hoggy had no beer as a result and wallah Pubwithnobeer was born. By the way I wouldn't know Hoggy or the sky over him and never have been in his pub, I passed it often enough though.

Far too big to be CBs jocks.

You peaking through his bedroom window again?

5af6ec6ef14b49f1051573b3c9ffa00d.jpg

It surely is, I signed up when Hoggy (your man with the pub in New Tipperary) was jailed for buying drink from Heineken and selling it on to pubs that Heineken refused to sell to because they were'nt paying their bills on time. Heineken got wind of this so refused to supply Hoggy. Hoggy being the warrior he was decided to block the entrance to Heineken with a truck and got jail for refusing to move it. Hoggy had no beer as a result and wallah Pubwithnobeer was born. By the way I wouldn't know Hoggy or the sky over him and never have been in his pub, I passed it often enough though.

Ha, I remember that story well. Classic Hoggy.

I'm guessing its a reference to a disttressed email mayday sent the Arsenal board around March 2008.

"Mayday, mayday, you fuckers. Wenger is gone to shit, we need a new manager"

Fortunately, they didn't listen.

Lol; I'll remember this comment when I'm destroying the United fans this season. ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
An Audience With Liverpool Legends
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

16th May 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼