Go'c

O'Callaghan Set to Leave

Monday 21 Jan 2008 16:25:51

Town boss Jim Magilton has confirmed that the Blues have allowed George O'Callaghan to leave the club on a free transfer, as reported by TWTD last week. The midfielder is expected to return to Cork City from whom he joined the Blues a year ago.

Magilton told the club site: "George is a great lad but he's 28 now and needs to be playing regular first team football.
"We have not been able to give him that here and we won't stand in his way of moving on now."

Reports in Ireland say that O'Callaghan has told team-mates at Cork that he will be rejoining them.

TWTD.co.uk

Fingers crossed. Hopefully The King is coming home.

The 'King' of Cubins maybe...he spent more time there than on the training pitch...one of the major reasons 'His Majesty' was never going to make it in the top divisions of English soccer...no real application ...

Don't get me wrong, he is a talented player when he puts his mind to it, and he can be one of the best in the EL again now that he must realise that his last chance across the water has well and truly disappeared...He has several years left at EL level, injuries permitting so hopefully we can still see him shine...

Matthews may be able to bring it out of him and get him to cut out the crap...

Big suprise he did not make it in England.

not at all.. nobody could possibly ever love georgie as much as he loves himself- he gets away with it at EL level

at least we wont have to listen to his own accounts about utd, celtic,barca etc chasing him anymore now that he failed at ipswich

delighted to have him back though if it materialises, georgie is the best midfielder in the el even with the attitude

I don't want him back, he thought he was too good for us in the first place but he wasn't even good enough to get a game with Brighton FFS.
Now we are supposed to forget everything and welcome him back with open arms?
I think not.

I don't want him back, he thought he was too good for us in the first place but he wasn't even good enough to get a game with Brighton FFS.
Now we are supposed to forget everything and welcome him back with open arms?
I think not.

Georgie never thought he was too good for city. If he was good enough to play for city and not good enough for brighton then what does that tell you about city, or rico for that matter? He ran the show for city when they won the league in 05. But I suppose you wouldn't remember that.

The 'King' of Cubins maybe...he spent more time there than on the training pitch...one of the major reasons 'His Majesty' was never going to make it in the top divisions of English soccer...no real application ...

Don't get me wrong, he is a talented player when he puts his mind to it, and he can be one of the best in the EL again now that he must realise that his last chance across the water has well and truly disappeared...He has several years left at EL level, injuries permitting so hopefully we can still see him shine...

Matthews may be able to bring it out of him and get him to cut out the crap...

:neutral: Agreed! As long as GOC doesn't start the "I've played cross-channel" shit and gives of his best for City, he will be a good signing!!! :cool:

A few people have said he failed in england and while he didn't set the place alight he did alright. He didn't get a chance really with Ipswich but he did well with Brighton and would have stayed until he spoke his mind which a lot of people don't like.

Just wondering what people would call success in England not only for Georgie but for all the other EL players that have went to England and Scotland. Obviously Kevin Doyle has done extremely well but he's an exception. What would players have to achieve for you to say they have been successful ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Munster Hurling Championship: Cork V Clare

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼