Glastonberry

I'm going myself tomorrow. I'm working down in Joe's Bar in Shangri-La. It's roughly 30mins I think. Can't wait for it now!!
Will be at the stone circle tomorrow night around 10. Love the view from up there.
Cool job.
30 mins?
Careful , I reckon Rolf is a Hell raiser , and his gigs can get pretty intense and extreme .

Clifff notes on young peoples music today , Basically they realised that the 60's and 70's were the peak , and all the bands these days are emulating that , except they all have way better gear staring out . most part time jobs pay enough for kids to buy stadium equipment off thomann.de so they get a good head start . phenomenal talent , but most don't actually get to live enough to put a bit of genuine angst into their music before they hit it " big"
6 million downloads and at 25 they're back working in Tesco .
Gotcha.

What they need is a spell in a transit van being driven round the country and drinking heavily.

The bands I'm definitely going to have to catch, of physically possible, are as follows:
Bloc Party
Ting Tings
Blur
Bruce
Peter Doherty
The Streets
Doves
Noisettes
I've vaguely heard of the band The Boxer Rebellion and, knowing a good bit about the actual Boxer Rebellion, I guess I'll have to check them out.
A bit of Status Quo might have to be done too, the last time I saw them in concert, I was wearing a tux.

Probably released the best album of the year so far...

Good stuff.

So if I turn up at the gig and start discussing turn of the 20th century Chinese history and the subsequent Japanese-Russian war, the young folk will think I'm cool, won't they?

Last edited:
Both my housemates are going.
They leave today as they're working there (and free access to all gigs in the evenings). I was offered a place too, but I said NO.

I had my reasons then, but they're void now, so I is sorry.

Good stuff.

So if I turn up at the gig and start discussing turn of the 20th century Chinese history and the subsequent Sino-Russian war, the young folk will think I'm cool, won't they?

They might, but probably not...

How about this...

glasto200317.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼