Glastonberry

It neither bleeps nor squeaks, hence of little interest to the music forum. Look, PROC overlords, I tried, god bless me I tried so hard:
http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.co...ead.php?t=158690&page=2&highlight=glastonbury

So, anyone else from this here delightful little site going? I assume Trasna is, but she appears to have abandoned us, leaving us without a philosophical rudder in a world of rattling and pwning.

I'm also trying to get an idea of how long it takes to get from Castle Cary train station to the site. Currently, it looks like Sherpa Franking is going to be carrying over 20kg of kit. Nicht so gut.

I reckon it'll take less than 10 posts for someone to start blathering on about smelly hippies and less than that for someone to mention the weather. Don't worry, I've got a good pair of wellies and a love of mud.

I likes me cider, cider makes me 'appy

Rolf Harris is playing on the saturday

omg , Rolf Harris !!!

Sorry Frank I have 2.5 kids a mortgage and a job with resposibility , no Glasto for me !! But you should enjoy yourself
( and check out Fight Like Apes on the Sunday in the Queens Head Stage they'll be great )

Fight like Apes. I'll keep it in mind. I'm not quite up to date with young folk's music nowadays, BBC Radio 4 is the radio station I listen to most, if it wasn't for the fact that the missus likes to listen to Chris Moyles in the morning, I'd be completely out of touch.

I suppose that's not really a problem with this year's line up.

I have none of those things. A job would be nice but seems to much like work.

If there's feck all else on, I might just turn up to Rolf.

I'm going myself tomorrow. I'm working down in Joe's Bar in Shangri-La. It's roughly 30mins I think. Can't wait for it now!!
Will be at the stone circle tomorrow night around 10. Love the view from up there.

Fight like Apes. I'll keep it in mind. I'm not quite up to date with young folk's music nowadays, BBC Radio 4 is the radio station I listen to most, if it wasn't for the fact that the missus likes to listen to Chris Moyles in the morning, I'd be completely out of touch.

I suppose that's not really a problem with this year's line up.

I have none of those things. A job would be nice but seems to much like work.

If there's feck all else on, I might just turn up to Rolf.

Careful , I reckon Rolf is a Hell raiser , and his gigs can get pretty intense and extreme .

Clifff notes on young peoples music today , Basically they realised that the 60's and 70's were the peak , and all the bands these days are emulating that , except they all have way better gear staring out . most part time jobs pay enough for kids to buy stadium equipment off thomann.de so they get a good head start . phenomenal talent , but most don't actually get to live enough to put a bit of genuine angst into their music before they hit it " big"
6 million downloads and at 25 they're back working in Tesco .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼