Gatwick Drones

Ethelred

Airport closed until 4pm at least.

Dark then though.

Should we call John McClane?

What are these lads trying to achieve?

Do drones show up on radar?

Surely they can get a helicopter up there to get this thing down?

A busy airport shut down because of a drone worth a few hundred quid?

Airport closed until 4pm at least.

Dark then though.

Should we call John McClane?

What are these lads trying to achieve?

Do drones show up on radar?

Drones dont show up on radar as they are mostly plastic.

Picture on a news website shows just the red and green running lights.

Easy way to cause chaos.

350 euro would get you drone witb 25 min endurance and 2km range, 60kph speed and gps features.

The person could buzz the airport for a while and fly it back, swap the battery and then return a few minutes later.

I have 3 batterys for my main one snd regularly keep it up for over an hour if the weather is good.

Jammers exist to block their control signals but these might interfere with other airport systems.

Birds of prey have been trained to catch them but is risky for the bird.

Best way to take these down is to use another drone but armed with a device that will project something to disrupt their props.

Even in daytime drones are a bit too high for a shotgun and a rifle would need a lucky shot.

Drones dont show up on radar as they are mostly plastic.

Picture on a news website shows just the red and green running lights.

Easy way to cause chaos.

350 euro would get you drone witb 25 min endurance and 2km range, 60kph speed and gps features.

The person could buzz the airport for a while and fly it back, swap the battery and then return a few minutes later.

I have 3 batterys for my main one snd regularly keep it up for over an hour if the weather is good.

Jammers exist to block their control signals but these might interfere with other airport systems.

Birds of prey have been trained to catch them but is risky for the bird.

Best way to take these down is to use another drone but armed with a device that will project something to disrupt their props.

Even in daytime drones are a bit too high for a shotgun and a rifle would need a lucky shot.

60kph? Wow.

Thanks for info. So after dark the airport is still stuck?

60kph? Wow.

Thanks for info. So after dark the airport is still stuck?

Ive recently took delivery of a plane that can do 85kph as standard and can be modified to do 120kph.

Day or night doesnt matter. The person doing this doesnt even need to be able to see the drone with FPV and gps guidance.

10 people with a drone each targeting an airport in the uk could shut the place down. The chaos would spread like a domino effect.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼