GAA Coaching

quick question given its coming up to membership time of year again - The question came up again last night regarding membership for coaches. Do any of you that are coaching/mentoring kids at GAA clubs pay membership for yourselves as well as your kid(s)?

Extra people helping out would always be welcome and would make matters better for the kids and coaches, but telling a parent that the thank you for them giving their time is an additional membership fee and that they are uninsured if they are not members is completely counter-productive IMO and stops many bothering.

Thoughts?

TBH, if you are going to by involved in a club as a coach, you are invested in the club and should pay membership. Cheap price to pay in my opinion.

I coach and pay family membership and that's as it should be, I VOLUNTEER to coach and help out, I don't need cash incentives, the club gives back enough.

Completely agree. Whatever I give to my club time wise or financially pales into insignificance when put against what my club has done for me

Completely agree. Whatever I give to my club time wise or financially pales into insignificance when put against what my club has done for me
+ 1 on that.
Pay family membership and coach and volunteer.
I think that's said well R&B .I had people and coaches do the same for me when I was playing and my club is memories and history for me. We win together lose together like every club and that what makes the beautiful game so special.
Long may it continue for every club.

Cheers for the thoughts lads, we have just enough coaches and can’t seem to draw in another few which would really make a difference. I get the sense that the membership fee is what stops the last few we need but maybe I am wrong. Our fee for non playing members does seem very high at €100 compared to others quoted here, I’ll propose reducing that but I doubt it would get much airtime!

Cheers for the thoughts lads, we have just enough coaches and can’t seem to draw in another few which would really make a difference. I get the sense that the membership fee is what stops the last few we need but maybe I am wrong. Our fee for non playing members does seem very high at €100 compared to others quoted here, I’ll propose reducing that but I doubt it would get much airtime!

What Dublin club are you with ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼