GAA Coaching

quick question given its coming up to membership time of year again - The question came up again last night regarding membership for coaches. Do any of you that are coaching/mentoring kids at GAA clubs pay membership for yourselves as well as your kid(s)?

Extra people helping out would always be welcome and would make matters better for the kids and coaches, but telling a parent that the thank you for them giving their time is an additional membership fee and that they are uninsured if they are not members is completely counter-productive IMO and stops many bothering.

Thoughts?

quick question given its coming up to membership time of year again - The question came up again last night regarding membership for coaches. Do any of you that are coaching/mentoring kids at GAA clubs pay membership for yourselves as well as your kid(s)?

Extra people helping out would always be welcome and would make matters better for the kids and coaches, but telling a parent that the thank you for them giving their time is an additional membership fee and that they are uninsured if they are not members is completely counter-productive IMO and stops many bothering.

Thoughts?

Yes, everyone that helps out, must be a member. It's not a huge deal and protects the club and the person themselves. What I find is that those who use this excuse not to get involved are not much use to the team/club in the long run and are really only interested in the free baby sitting aspect.

Yes, everyone that helps out, must be a member. It's not a huge deal and protects the club and the person themselves. What I find is that those who use this excuse not to get involved are not much use to the team/club in the long run and are really only interested in the free baby sitting aspect.

this.
what happens when the local eegit who falls over a step and breaks his ankle tries to sue the gaa club? same lad with a littant of insurance claims to his name suddently decides to get involved in coaching at the gaa club. It protects the individual and the club.
non-playing membership is good value anyway. I think it's 15 or 20 euro in my club.

Maybe you are right and the ones that will get involved are already involved, but I can understand a parent thinking that €200 a year is enough and adding another €100 is not necessary

Our membership is €95 a head for Juveniles and they also pay €10 a month subs

Maybe you are right and the ones that will get involved are already involved, but I can understand a parent thinking that €200 a year is enough and adding another €100 is not necessary

Our membership is €95 a head for Juveniles and they also pay €10 a month subs

That's not bad value for Dublin when you factor in all the after training meals the U6 team receive up there, in addition to the free gym membership.;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

30th Mar 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼