Gaa brawls

If he was given payment to carry out his duties as a ref then I think it could be argued he was temporarily employed at that time to carry out a duty on behalf of the GAA.
The GAA is unincorporated association of persons and referees in games like that don't get a payment, just mileage.

The GAA is unincorporated association of persons and referees in games like that don't get a payment, just mileage.

Mileage and a meal allowance if it's far enough away I think.
Matty might know if it could be construed as a payment and if the ref was temporarily in the employ of the GAA who it could then be argued didn't provide a safe work environment - though his being a member of the association complicates things I think. All speculation certainly but something must be done to ensure that nutcase is never allowed near a pitch again and that other such instances don't happen

Psycho K**** must have gotten in a serious single blow to that guy's head to have him laid out for so long. There was talk that he was still in hospital today.

yeah, i was thinking he’d just get his mileage maybe. besides, if he were to be seen as an employee he’d probably be an employee of that county’s division or of the county board. hq wouldn’t like to get their hands dirty in any of this.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Frank and Walters
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼