FUEL PRICE PROTESTS

Rising fuel costs are a global problem. That's part of the reason it costs $13k to ship a 40 foot container from Asia to Europe or the US. Any retailer who sells toys, electronics or anything else made in China knows this is a bigger issue than the cost of getting stuff from Dublin port to your shop. Maybe they could source products closer to home? I dunno

Looking at fuel costs just within Ireland, 51% of the price of a litre of diesel goes to the government (compared to 56% on petrol). And don't forget that 23% of the cost is VAT which the haulier can claim back...
But the lads here say its because of brexit? They are very adamant about it as well. See the other thread for a good chuckle.

Anyhoots its time to switch lads. I pick up my new car in January.

So long suckers!

But the lads here say its because of brexit? They are very adamant about it as well. See the other thread for a good chuckle.

Anyhoots its time to switch lads. I pick up my new car in January.

So long suckers!
Shortages in U.K. are as a result of Brexit. Rising fuel prices are mainly down to government action and market conditions.
You crazy alkie

Well its a global problem - not Brexit. US released about 5mil barrels from their reserves in order to try quell the increase. Think some other countries did the same

Carbon taxes are designed to encourage people to move to alternative carbon free transport options. So if you have a 40 foot articulated truck you should stop using diesel and find a carbon neutral alternative.
Ordinary motorists should protest as well: for every €100 euro you spend on fuel, over €50 of that goes directly to the government.
Make all deliveries that normally go by artic, the thousands of tons of food and goods, by a fleet of Nissan Leafs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼