Forget not the Boys of Kilmichael......

Yeah they had their own kangaroo courts where a lot of innocent people were deemed "informers" and shot dead.

Bunch of cowardly guerrilla terrorist cunts all that lot imo.

Look thats strong language, it was the British who turned these people into killers in effect because of their foreign policys, I wouldn't demonize a young fella who decided to pick up a gun having seen an atrocity carried out by the British.

I'm just saying I'm not one for triumphalism of any kind, what happened happened people were always going to join in the fight.

I don't think because it was the so called "old" ira that they should be treated diffrently to the provisional ira, they were guilty as has been pointed out of some very bad stuff aside from the actual military battles against the British.

I don't see myself doing anything next year in honor of the easter rising, if people want to then fair enough but dont shove it in my face.

Who made shit of the black & tans 95 years ago today.
Regardless what side you come from, it can't be denied that this was a pivitol turning point in the War of Independence. Fire fought with fire.

Get your facts right---No black and tans were killed--- ADRIC-- Auxillary RIC were killed--Commonly called the Auxies :rolleyes:

Those the guys under Tom Barry that massacred and mutilated a bunch of young Englishmen who tried to surrender?

Tom Barry and his crew were the Isis of their day. Liked to capture combatants and torture them for propaganda purposes.
Terrorist guerrillas (or "freedom fighters" as some would have it)

Yeah they had their own kangaroo courts where a lot of innocent people were deemed "informers" and shot dead.
it was just like the Salem Witch trials. If you didn't like someone you'd tell the lads he's a british informer and he'd be kilt.

Bunch of cowardly guerrilla terrorist cunts all that lot imo.
Any evidence of this besides the Hart book where he never named his supposed witnesses?

Lads, why are you still fighting this war? Everyone's dead, no one got what they wanted, and everyone who actually fought the war would probably be astonished and delighted at what Ireland looks like today.

Lads, why are you still fighting this war? Everyone's dead, no one got what they wanted, and everyone who actually fought the war would probably be astonished and delighted at what Ireland looks like today.

Would they? We've got multi-national companies here, everyone doing their bit of Black Friday pre Xmas shopping as well as record numbers of people sleeping on the streets of Cork, bit of a mixed bag tbf.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼