Fairness

Yes I agree with most of that but I genuinely think in government SF wouldn't be nearly as left as people think because they're pragmatists above everything else.

What would be a few good metrics on how Fianna Fáil are going to make Ireland more "fair"?

No Irish Water?
No property tax?
Dáil reform?
No university fees (or means tested full fees)?
Lowering OECD measures of inequality?
Enforcement of corporation taxes?
Massive social housing building schemes?
IDA increasing pressure on putting FDI into Kilkenny, Westmeath, Longford?
Increasing budgets for regional EI and Local Enterprise Offices?
Better social welfare?
Wealth taxes?
Regional infrastructure investments?
:lol!:
indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif

Yes I agree with most of that but I genuinely think in government SF wouldn't be nearly as left as people think because they're pragmatists above everything else.

I agree and think FG and SF could do business if SF are aware of what that sacrifice might mean electorally later.

Both parties interests are best served by FF having to go in while being marked by FG rather than have them outside like a festering boil feeding people their populist bullshit. However, they know this well.

The trick might be to put together a rainbow coalition that cuts FF out of all influence. Sure, they can snipe on the sidelines but they've fundamentally gone out to appeal to families of chancers who will be pissed about ten years of no favours.

If SF were in a position to deliver real jobs and improvements in the standard of living in their core areas (which is defensible as necessary action on behalf of the most needy), could they drop some of the Eoin O'Broin idealism and offer Gerry's head on a stick as an offering?

They are though.

FG need to forget about the 25% of people who voted FF. About 5% of those might float if it suited them but you can't take a policy line to chase people who have no real principles. The other 20% might die off over time.

As a national party who have a set of policies and principles, better to see how these can be teased to reach out to the other 50%. I think you'd have more chance with people with different principles than those with none.

I think the big question of the post election could well be

"When the fuck will Dr fish counter stop crying about the result"

I agree and think FG and SF could do business if SF are aware of what that sacrifice might mean electorally later.

Both parties interests are best served by FF having to go in while being marked by FG rather than have them outside like a festering boil feeding people their populist bullshit. However, they know this well.

The trick might be to put together a rainbow coalition that cuts FF out of all influence. Sure, they can snipe on the sidelines but they've fundamentally gone out to appeal to families of chancers who will be pissed about ten years of no favours.

If SF were in a position to deliver real jobs and improvements in the standard of living in their core areas (which is defensible as necessary action on behalf of the most needy), could they drop some of the Eoin O'Broin idealism and offer Gerry's head on a stick as an offering?
100% agree except I'd want them to do it with FF - no offence.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼