Fairness

Kola there is a subtext of old FG about this, a bit Mairead MacGuinness on RTE last night.

FG are "better" than FF and if the people are so stupid not to see it they don't deserve FG. THAT is precisely the attitude that cost them the election. It's Brian Hayes attitude. That horse FG are sitting on is way too high altogether.

fgcontract07.jpg

Fail

They didn't get elected in 2007.

Kola there is a subtext of old FG about this, a bit Mairead MacGuinness on RTE last night.

FG are "better" than FF and if the people are so stupid not to see it they don't deserve FG. THAT is precisely the attitude that cost them the election. It's Brian Hayes attitude. That horse FG are sitting on is way too high altogether.

They are though.

FG need to forget about the 25% of people who voted FF. About 5% of those might float if it suited them but you can't take a policy line to chase people who have no real principles. The other 20% might die off over time.

As a national party who have a set of policies and principles, better to see how these can be teased to reach out to the other 50%. I think you'd have more chance with people with different principles than those with none.

Well with no disrespect to you personally at all, that is why FG have played second fiddle to FF for 75% of the time. That attitude of superiority makes them utterly disconnected from the majority of the electorate.

Well with no disrespect to you personally at all, that is why FG have played second fiddle to FF for 75% of the time. That attitude of superiority makes them utterly disconnected from the majority of the electorate.

Hold on, I'm saying FG should not bother chasing the core FF vote. There's the other 80% of people who don't think life is a game to chase.

Said this election would be historic. The electorate will have caused raison d'etre crises in FF, FG and Labour. If I was ANY leader or senior party reply, I'd be advocating a period of serious reflection on what the message was for their particular party. Knee jerk reactions at this stage could be disastrous

Said this election would be historic. The electorate will have caused raison d'etre crises in FF, FG and Labour. If I was ANY leader or senior party reply, I'd be advocating a period of serious reflection on what the message was for their particular party. Knee jerk reactions at this stage could be disastrous

Well FG's was bizarrely out of taste.
The combination of them talking up the recovery while other's were saying "what recovery", while the other crowd were slithering in saying this is not just a problem but some sort of "unfair" policy by the government.

FF are like Cody, snide, unscrupulous cunts but it's hard not to admire how good they are at it.

Big few years coming up now.

Put it this way, C32, if SF toned down the economic Trotskyist nonsense, they'd get a transfer from me in future because of their very good social liberal agenda and their willingness to take on the vested interests.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼