ESB bill

Think mine is roughly the same as last year . Around 550 for both gas and electricity for 2 months. That's with the credit. And also on a year 25% discount with sse I think so that is making a big difference.

More conscious this year though. Dishwasher has gone to quick wash 30 mins from 60 mins previously. Might have to dry a few things coming out but do what .

Washing machine went to 30 ° from 40°. Heard that on here!

Stove on very cold days which cuts down on heating as massive heat off it.

Think these are helping.

Dryer still being used due to shite weather.

Must see if I can change suppliers again soon and get another discount!

Bonkers.ie do a good price comparison service.

Be sure to keep an eye on your current contract expiring, the f*ckers put you on the highest rate as soon as the fixed contract expires.

Received bill in email this morning. I knew for winter it would be higher but couldn't believe it. Over €400 and this was after the government credit and esb credit taken off
I really can't think of anything crazy we did that would drive it up so much.
Last bill in november was around €180 after the government credit
Obviously we'd be turning lights on a bit earlier during winter and maybe in house more over Xmas using things. But I wasn't expecting it to be that , anyone else something similar?

Our gas bill was €585 compared to €315 for same period last year - think lot of it is due to coming off a very good dual fuel switcher deal though (30% off gas and electricity) late last year. No comparable deals around in last few months.
Electricity was €115 but that was after government credit.
Having small baby at home doesn't help!! Heating on way more than usual during the day.

Received bill in email this morning. I knew for winter it would be higher but couldn't believe it. Over €400 and this was after the government credit and esb credit taken off
I really can't think of anything crazy we did that would drive it up so much.
Last bill in november was around €180 after the government credit
Obviously we'd be turning lights on a bit earlier during winter and maybe in house more over Xmas using things. But I wasn't expecting it to be that , anyone else something similar?

Sounds about right for the same amount of energy usage, our unit rate has gone from 15c to 38c so 2.5 x increase right there. The standing charge hasn't changed so take €30 off and you'd have €150 x 2.5 = €375 Then stick the €30 back on and you have €405

Leeside, the likes of LED bulbs are well worth the money with bills like that knocking about. i dont know how old your house is but if you haven't switched to them do it. The equivalent LED bulb to a 60W traditional bulb uses about 2W

The dryer is the most power hungry thing in the house. I switched ours to a heat pump one a while back so a cycle has dropped from about €1.50-€2 to €30c. I think the machine cost around €500 so that will pay itself back quickly enough and the heat emitted from is is almost nothing since it re-uses the heat in the drying process so better for the units and environment in your house also

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼