ESB bill

Leeside, the likes of LED bulbs are well worth the money with bills like that knocking about. i dont know how old your house is but if you haven't switched to them do it. The equivalent LED bulb to a 60W traditional bulb uses about 2W

The dryer is the most power hungry thing in the house. I switched ours to a heat pump one a while back so a cycle has dropped from about €1.50-€2 to €30c. I think the machine cost around €500 so that will pay itself back quickly enough and the heat emitted from is is almost nothing since it re-uses the heat in the drying process so better for the units and environment in your house also

That dryer sounds like the absolute fucking job, HonkY m8.

Ya the heat pump dryer is amazing. The esb smart meter is very good, you can see what your spending at any given moment and it does a projection cost aswell based on your current use.

We have replaced all the windows in the house this week, 8K including a new back door, Yesterday they fitted the upstairs windows
and frames , last night i certainly felt an improvement,

Received bill in email this morning. I knew for winter it would be higher but couldn't believe it. Over €400 and this was after the government credit and esb credit taken off
I really can't think of anything crazy we did that would drive it up so much.
Last bill in november was around €180 after the government credit
Obviously we'd be turning lights on a bit earlier during winter and maybe in house more over Xmas using things. But I wasn't expecting it to be that , anyone else something similar?
Compare the usage (not price) of previous bills. It might be an appliance in trouble, something like a seal gone on a chest freezer eats juice.

How are your bills so high ? Mine is less then 100e a month . I do have oil heating but everything else in the house is electric.

My landlord pushed his way in to alter the meter. It cost me 4 euro to roast a dinner. I'm not sure what he did was legal as he had no paperwork with him. He also didn't go near anyone else's meter he said.
I don't even use a lot of electricity. I haven't put a wash on in a while.
I'm only in a small flat costing 20 euro a week and that's nothing to do with heating.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼