Electric Scooters

E scooters are a viable mode of transport in cities like Cork, their use should be encouraged, not everybody wants to cycle so they provide an alternative for those who don't want to be depending on buses.

Second guy on the scooter in Waterford died.
Unfortunately it was only a matter of time before something like this happened and it'll unfortunately happen again.
I myself crashed one last year in Portugal and I was lucky to survive. My shoulder is still goosed from it.
They can go extremely fast and you always see teenagers on them whizzing past.

I saw one whizzing by me a couple of days ago, with 2 children on board, then it came back towards me and the lad on the back was holding a budgie case, with a bird inside. Saw a mother on the pavement with her 2 kids on board, while smoking a fag, scrote obviously.

Don't see any enforcement of this new legislation, like the dogs being muzzled, drivers in bus lanes etc etc. Great country to pass a law, useless at enforcement. Plus ca change...

Oh and in the odd case of laws being enforced, the judiciary will make a bags of the case and throw some sweets to the defendants.

RIP to the young lads and their poor bereaved families.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack O' Rourke
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

5th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Last Call

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼