Ed Sheeran to play Cork

it'll be the same with the event centre (if it ever opens), it'll primarily be full of stuff like x-factor types, pop acts, mainstream comedy plus conferences/exhibitions etc

its not like we're gonna be getting top credible quality interesting artists every night of the week but dems de breaks, it's all in the eye/ear of the beholder

to fill a big venue a promoter will have to go for lowest common denominator stuff most of the time alas

We'll both be in the cold, cold ground before the event centre opens.

I totally get that its about bums on seats. The Flaming lips and that Grizzlybear thing in the marquee were half empty.

But the lack of creativity is something else. Let's get Springsteen and Sheeran again they sold well.

Prince, U2 and Jacko were all major coups at the time. Even Oasis.

You have a decent arena, try and be a small bit more ambitious in who you book.

Who pays to see this gimp?

I do, as do millions of others, Hank. You aren’t a fan, no problem with that. I ain’t no fan of loads of talented artist, but I don’t sniff out posts on them and call them gimps.
Any ginger gimp who pulls Ellie Golding has my upmost respect!

Last edited:
I do, as do millions of others, Hank. You aren’t a fan, no problem with that. I ain’t no fan of loads of talented artist, but I don’t sniff out posts on them and call them gimps.
Any ginger gimp who pulls Ellie Golding has my upmost respect!

She's ginger too, she just dyes her hair blonde. Nice looking down to earth girl though with respect

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sparkle

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼