Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

The Guinness Storehouse has beaten the Grand Canyon, Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal among other iconic attractions to be named ‘World’s Leading Tourist Attraction’ for 2023.

The win was announced last night at a glittering World Travel Awards (WTA) ceremony at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai. “We pride ourselves on bringing the story of Guinness past, present and future to life, while showcasing the very best of Irish culture through local collaborations and partnerships spanning music, art, design, food and so much more,” said Catherine Toolan of Diageo Irish Brand Homes. "We could not achieve any of this without our incredibly talented team who welcome millions of visitors every year, from all corners of the world, and provide the famous ‘Céad Míle Fáilte’...

https://www.independent.ie/life/tra...s-leading-tourist-attraction/a1049076643.html

thunderbird6-laughing.gif

The Guinness Storehouse has beaten the Grand Canyon, Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal among other iconic attractions to be named ‘World’s Leading Tourist Attraction’ for 2023.

The win was announced last night at a glittering World Travel Awards (WTA) ceremony at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai. “We pride ourselves on bringing the story of Guinness past, present and future to life, while showcasing the very best of Irish culture through local collaborations and partnerships spanning music, art, design, food and so much more,” said Catherine Toolan of Diageo Irish Brand Homes. "We could not achieve any of this without our incredibly talented team who welcome millions of visitors every year, from all corners of the world, and provide the famous ‘Céad Míle Fáilte’...

https://www.independent.ie/life/tra...s-leading-tourist-attraction/a1049076643.html

Reminds me of those buy your own gold medal awards from the thousands of brewing conferences, beloved of back kitchen home brew companies here.

Try a pint of “Pure Daycent” or “Mossy Banks” or “Shandon Shawlie” or some other such slop just because it won a medal at the “world beer festival,” sponsored by the official independent brewers federation.

Or some other federation/guild/association/institute…..

Ffs, an overpriced marketing gimmick by Diageo outclassed Machu Picchu and the Grand Canyon? Ridiculous.

I'd say there's more Guinness wasted in the gravity bar each year than there is consumed. I've been there twice and the majority of pints are used for a selfie before being discarded. Very few pintmen end up in the gravity bar.

I remember being disgusted by the amount of full pints just left lying around the place by phonies who only wanted a photo.

I'd say there's more Guinness wasted in the gravity bar each year than there is consumed. I've been there twice and the majority of pints are used for a selfie before being discarded. Very few pintmen end up in the gravity bar.

I remember being disgusted by the amount of full pints just left lying around the place by phonies who only wanted a photo.
i went to the heineken brewery in amsterdam a few years back for the lolz with a buddy. you got two tokens which could be exchanged for two small beers or one big one at the end.

myself and the buddy ended up getting another ten or fifteen tokens between us from people leaving after their selfie and no interest in cashing in their spare tokens.

free beer is the best.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Boolaboom - Acoustic House Big Band
The Woodford, Paul St.

17th Mar 2024 @ 5:30 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼